Dr. John Maher MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 1st, 2016
Mr.
OK, but pricy

April 16th, 2015
Cataract Surgery One eye.
Great Dr. Was very happy with the surgery. The Surgery Center staff was great. The Dr was Very empathetic as I was quite apprehensive about the lens replacement. It went smoothly with little pain and the follow up appointments were almost not needed. Was able to see great the next day, the Dr said to leave the eye covered until the followup but being an idiot I peeked.

July 18th, 2014
Good for Cataract Surgery
Idea of having ones eye's cut is very frightening. Center we went to was very nice. Used a freeze spray for IV which helped a lot. Staff very attentive. Not much pain after surgery. Eye with drops healed after 2 weeks and vision is good. Doctor is attentive, reassuring, and a good listener. He knows his stuff and is very nice. Never had to wait long and staff in office is really nice in person and on the phone. Takes medi-medi: a plus. Usually such doctors tend to be overbooked and tired but Dr. Maher is neither. Hes a good person.

July 18th, 2014
Ddi a great job on Cataract Surgery
He did it on my sister who due to disability has the maturity of a child. Such a surgery would have been very traumatic but the center Dr Maher sent her did was excellent and the results were good: not much pain and eye has good vision now. Dr Maher was gentle, reassuring, and my sister came out of it like it was almost nothing. She did have some expected post operative pain which hydrocodone for a 3-7 days did fine for her. After 2 weeks of drops the eye is doing well and she can see. She is not afraid of having the other eye done. Would recommend this doctor. Also one of the few doctors that takes medi-medi. I think he does this because he is a good person. Medi-medi doctors tend to be overbooked and tired but Dr Maher was neither. The staff in his office is very good too.

November 9th, 2012
Awesome!
First off, I am a 37yr old police officer and I find it funny some of the comments for this doctor. My experiences with Dr. Maher are very much the opposite. Out of three visits I had, I only had a total of 5 minutes logged in the waiting room. He is a brilliant mind and sometimes brilliant minds, much like Einstein, are a little eccentric. I find him extremely funny including from his no waist time visits to his confident and accurate diagnosis. I have never had issues with the staff either. I would recommend this office and doctor to my family and friends. Just be ready to laugh because if you weren't smiling before you arrived, I bet you will be when you leave.

November 9th, 2012
The staff seemed reasonably friendly on my last visit, but I had been there before and they were downright rude that time. Dr. M does a really poor, rushed, incomplete exam. He kept saying that I really didn't need to see him. (I had not seen an eye Dr. in 3 years, and I was there for an eye exam.) He took my money any way. I do not trust the prescription he gave me, so I am going to go to another Dr. Dr. M seems really disjointed and spacey--a little frightening.

April 5th, 2012
Staff knew my vision would get worse after surgery.
Maher and partner schedule one-day cataract surgery mills. I believe he operates to almost guarantee need for follow-up capsulotomy. During return office check, the staff obviously knew my vision would deteriorate to need capsulotomy, which his office also offers (not surprisingly)

October 9th, 2011
Wish I had never gone
He rushed through my exam, never let me ask questions, rapid fire questions at me while not waiting for a response. Then went on to give me a scary and inaccurate diagnoses. Wish I had never gone there. A waste of money and time.