Psychiatrists

1107 Eaton Ave
Bethlehem, PA 18018
484-526-2400
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  excellent provider  |  show details
by julie on Feb 5th, 2014

The staff at the Mitchell clinic has the best interest of their patients as their priority. I have been going there for a couple of years and they have helped in getting me through a very difficult time in my life. Dr, Mitchell is kind, caring and very intelligent. When you read the other comments, please remember that there are two sides to every story. I highly recommend the Mitchell clinic for your counseling and psychiatric needs.

|  Inefficient psychiatrist  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Mitchell for number of years just to learn that he is highly inefficient psychiatrist. On a few occassion, he has prescribed me medications just because I asked for it. He charges a lot and his counselling is not effective atall.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Mitchell for over a decade, and I can honestly say I actually enjoy my monthly visits with him. I have had many, MANY doctors, for many things, and Dr. Mitchell is by far my favorite to deal with and talk to. He is very encouraging and helpful. I always leave in a better mood than I arrived in, without fail. I would not trade Dr. Mitchell AND his staff for any other! Sure there are often long-ish wait times, but I don't see that as a negative (though it is annoying and I have zero patience.) He deals with people. For the most part, I'd imagine he has little idea what every patient will be like, good/bad mood, new issues, how much patients' want to share or talk, etc. when they go in for an appointment. My last appointment I was just grumpy in general and talked probably 10 times more than I did the month before. He doesn't rush you out or act hurried. He listens, to me that's the most important thing. Dr. Mitchell has a lot of patients (for a good reason) and he still makes an effort to get to know me better. He's a nice person, and more importantly a great doctor. I have recommended him to some family and friends, I think that speaks volumes.

|  Terrible  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

The mitchell center has cause me so much stress. Dr mitchell is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of.. you can only speak to the secretaries who don't know what is going on. Expect to wait a week for a response on any issue & call 5 times to remind them. Find another psychiatrist/practice

|  This Doctor is dangerous  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

Dr. Mitchell seemed great at first, but after a while he mis-prescribed meds and didn't care when I said I was depressed and having side effects. He also TWICE forgot to write a script for a medication that he had previously prescribed. I had to call, and of course some woman called back because he couldn't be bothered with phone calls. I have also waited as much as 11/2 ours to see him, but if you are 5-10 minutes late, he won't see u. Nice for a psychiatric who is supposed to be treating suicidal people! One time he had already left and I had to reschedule and pick up my Rx at a later date.

|  Ineffective Counseling  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

My opinion of this Physician is as follows (Based upon first-hand observation): Dr. John F. Mitchell M.D. is inadequate at providing effective counseling/guidance as a result of his verifiable lack of morality and life experience (See HealthGrades Sanction History - "Disciplinary Action In Another State (10/10/06)Action Taken:SurrenderIssued To:Dr John Francis Mitchell; License # G51589Nature of Complaint:The Physician has been the subject of disciplinary action in another state.The Physician has been disciplined in the State of Pennsylvania for writing prescriptions for a patient without maintaining a medical record and for entering into a romantic relationship with a patient.Action Taken:The Physician has Surrendered his license to practice medicine in the State of California.State:CaliforniaIssued By:State of California" The above exemplifies the inherent value system of Dr. John F. Mitchell M.D..

|  Gives up on patient  |  show details
by MRS MITCHELL on Jan 10th, 2011

My opinion is that a Doctor who gives up on a patient, should not be a Doctor. My son went to this Doctor for several months. His last appointment was for Jan.6,11. The Doctors secretary called my son and told him Dr. Mitchell could not see him any longer,and not to come for the appointment.Not very professional at all no explenation. I would not send my dog to him. Now my son is hospitalized becaue DR MITCHELL GAVE UP ON HIM!!!!!!!!