Dr. John Mitchell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Mitchell?

April 26th, 2017

Great caring doctor

I have been a patient of dr mitchell for about ten years now. After seeing several other docs he was the only one to properly diagnose and treat me. He listens to you, doesn't talk above you, explains thing so that you understand. Mental health issues don't have a one time fix all, they are ever changing and so your meds change as your illness does as long as your honest about how you feel and educate yourself about your illness your in great hands he is an excellent doctor but not a Mind reader, you have to participate.

March 3rd, 2017

Suboptimal

Not focused enough on patients. My son got worse

January 12th, 2017

He needs help

He should see a psychiatrist instead of patience. He's got more issues than people magazine.

November 16th, 2015

Dr. Mitchell help change my life. He cares for his patients and does his best to help. The staff is amazing, and makes a great team. Thank You Dr.MItchell for giving me new hope and possibilities!

September 14th, 2015

No complaints

June 2nd, 2015

Poor follow up for patients with extreme conditions.

December 5th, 2014

why!

why is it that there are so many psychiatrists in the lehigh valley who do not have any idea of what they are doing. the medicines they prescribe are so dangerous and yet they know nothing about them, and because they think you are mentally ill, you are incapable of making decisions. they yes you to death or just look at you blankly and say no, that is not the way we will do this! or that side effect oh that will go away, etc.... I have also noticed that many go to school in other countries and do not have to update that license in America. something must be done about this field. there are to many depressed anxious people and young adults. I am hoping that the primary care doctors will step in, I feel it is in the best interest of the patient to be treated holistically by one doctor or group of doctors in one office. (except if a specialist surgeon is needed).

February 5th, 2014

excellent provider

The staff at the Mitchell clinic has the best interest of their patients as their priority. I have been going there for a couple of years and they have helped in getting me through a very difficult time in my life. Dr, Mitchell is kind, caring and very intelligent. When you read the other comments, please remember that there are two sides to every story. I highly recommend the Mitchell clinic for your counseling and psychiatric needs.

April 15th, 2013

Inefficient psychiatrist

I have seen Dr. Mitchell for number of years just to learn that he is highly inefficient psychiatrist. On a few occassion, he has prescribed me medications just because I asked for it. He charges a lot and his counselling is not effective atall.

February 10th, 2013

Wonderful

I have been a patient of Dr. Mitchell for over a decade, and I can honestly say I actually enjoy my monthly visits with him. I have had many, MANY doctors, for many things, and Dr. Mitchell is by far my favorite to deal with and talk to. He is very encouraging and helpful. I always leave in a better mood than I arrived in, without fail. I would not trade Dr. Mitchell AND his staff for any other! Sure there are often long-ish wait times, but I don't see that as a negative (though it is annoying and I have zero patience.) He deals with people. For the most part, I'd imagine he has little idea what every patient will be like, good/bad mood, new issues, how much patients' want to share or talk, etc. when they go in for an appointment. My last appointment I was just grumpy in general and talked probably 10 times more than I did the month before. He doesn't rush you out or act hurried. He listens, to me that's the most important thing. Dr. Mitchell has a lot of patients (for a good reason) and he still makes an effort to get to know me better. He's a nice person, and more importantly a great doctor. I have recommended him to some family and friends, I think that speaks volumes.

November 1st, 2012

Terrible

The mitchell center has cause me so much stress. Dr mitchell is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of.. you can only speak to the secretaries who don't know what is going on. Expect to wait a week for a response on any issue & call 5 times to remind them. Find another psychiatrist/practice

October 10th, 2012

This Doctor is dangerous

Dr. Mitchell seemed great at first, but after a while he mis-prescribed meds and didn't care when I said I was depressed and having side effects. He also TWICE forgot to write a script for a medication that he had previously prescribed. I had to call, and of course some woman called back because he couldn't be bothered with phone calls. I have also waited as much as 11/2 ours to see him, but if you are 5-10 minutes late, he won't see u. Nice for a psychiatric who is supposed to be treating suicidal people! One time he had already left and I had to reschedule and pick up my Rx at a later date.