A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Saunders:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Saunders is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Saunders
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Saunders Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Saunders, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Saunders graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland.
Dr. Saunders has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- University Hospital - San Antonio
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Frederick Saunders MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John F. Saunders practice?
- Dr. John Saunders has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Saunders practices Ophthalmology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Boerne, TX.
See San Antonio Ophthalmologists.