Dr. John Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology New Haven, CT

3.6

November 5th, 2015
I love Dr. Schmidt! great bedside manner and caring.

October 4th, 2014
ok consult
Saw Dr Schmidt for a consult only. Wasnt going to write review until I read what previous reviewer "happy patient" wrote about another reviewer.Told them to "get a life" because they left a neg. review.Do you know that person? Have you seen their nose? No? Then dont judge. Whats interesting is that the following 4 reviews (all within 6 days) are all excellent. I guess you cant believe everything you read

January 16th, 2014
I would highly recommend Dr. Schmidt. He is always so nice and has always done wonderful work on me. I see him for cosmetic procedures as well as sinus realted issues due to allergies during the Spring. I have referred him to my sister and my best friend for cosmetic procedures and they love him too.

January 15th, 2014
Dr. Schmidt is THE best!
Dr. Schmidt is THE best! I have been seeing him for years and I would never go anywhere else. He always spends a lot of time with me, explaining my procedures and is very attuned to my needs. I have recommended him to family and friends and they all love him too. I would never go anywhere else and would highly recommend him to everyone.

January 12th, 2014
I love Dr. Schmidt and his professionalism. Michelle in the office has a sweet and calming voice every time you call. I was seen recently for a cosmetic consultation and was amazed by the knowledge that Dr. Schmidt has. He made sure that every question was answered and we spent 45 minutes discussing my options. I trust him to do the surgery in a few weeks. I will recommend him to family and friends.

January 10th, 2014
I just had my nose done by Dr. Schmidt and he did a fantastic job, he definitely knows what he's doing! Best decision of my life to get it done by him. He always made sure all my questions were answered and fully explained the process of the surgery. I had a little hump on my nose in which he removed and now my nose looks so natural and beautiful!

January 10th, 2014
The patient from 2008 needs to get a life. Every 6 months you sent the same message and I am sad for you. Dr. John Schmidt is the best cosmetic surgeon in New Haven County. I have had several cosmetic surgeries from him and look great. I just had my eyes done by him 2 months ago. Don't believe everything you read!!!!!

July 9th, 2013
LuckyDie update 5 yrs later
I had reconstruction surgery in 08, read previous reviews, done by Dr Schmidt and a resident at Yale NH hosp. I endured 5 more surgeries to try to make my nose more natural looking so that I am not stared at when out in public, and have suffered emotional and physical pain in the process, Your face is the first thing people see. The previous reviewer does not know me or sees the nose I am forced to live with, its not a matter of "likeing" the Dr, its about warning others. Am very happy for people who had a wonderful outcome on their surgeries done by him ,however to be "shocked" when someone has had a bad experience is insensitive, please seek second opinions when contemplating facial surgery with ANY Dr.

October 19th, 2012
i AM VERY SURPRISED WITH THE COMMENTS BELOW.I HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF PROCEDURES AND INJECTIONS DONE BY DR. SCHMIDT AND WILL ONLY TRUST HIM. I'M SORRY YOU DIDN'T LIKE HIM BUT EVERYONE THAT I HAVE RECOMEND THEY SEE DR. SCHMIDT HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY.

February 11th, 2011
do overs
He had to redo the surgery it was so bad!

July 26th, 2010
Luckydie Update
Since I last wrote I've had two major nasal reconstructive surgeries using rib grafts to try to repair my damaged nose.New surgeon did the best he could but my nose is too scarred from Dr Schmidts operation. He removed Schmidts illiac graft and found it was "way too thin, like a q tip" also found a loose surgical screw.My nose has bumps,scars, one nostril has retracted so it looks like a piece is missing, other one is pinched in. Most of my nose is discolored. When its cold out, or even in airconditioning, my nose turns purple. No amount of makeup can hide it.Always do your homework before you have this or any Dr. operate on your face. Its the first thing people see. I have experienced a huge loss of self confidence because of this. I don't want anyone else to go through what I have.

July 8th, 2010
I had a facelift done by Dr. Schmidt a year ago and have been extremely happy with the results. The incisions were small and well hidden, preventing people from seeing any scarring. In fact, I can still wear my hair up without any detection of a facelift. I've been extremely pleased with the results and have recommended a number of my friends to Dr. Schmidt.