Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Best Doctor Ive ever been to!!! show details Best Doctor Ive ever been to!!!
by Tim Arkebauer on Nov 18th, 2015

Ill start by saying I almost never review anything or anyone, but in this case I feel obligated to give this Doctor credit as he basically gave me my life back. My story starts in 2007, I was in my mid 20's and was having terrible heart problems. I am not a hypochondriac by any means, and getting me to go to the doctor for any reason was like pulling teeth. I knew there was something very wrong and started making appointments. every time I would go in their first question would be "How much cocain/meth have you been doing?"....To which I would reply "I AM NOT ON DRUGS! But please, there is something wrong".....Then the response was always the same as if they were reading a script "You're too young to have heart problems, are you ready to quit smoking?"....So I would get up, leave and continue my miserable existence suffering with this debilitating unknown condition. About every two months it would get unbearable and I would go back in only to repeat the process all over again. Then one day I was fed up. After being fed the same line about being too young to have heart problems, I got up, stormed into the front office and demanded to see a new doctor right now. Their response "I can get you in to see Dr. Thompson in a few minutes".... Fine, so they call me back and I sit down and start to tell this Doc whats been going on and the strangest thing happened....He listened! He didn't pretend to listen, he didn't patronize me or read from script that was protocol...He actually listened, and cared. Within a few minutes he did a few basic tests and I could tell he had a pretty good idea of what was wrong with me. He set me up with more tests and specialists and I got control of this condition that was ruining my life. What I had was pretty rare and was being caused by a chemical I was using at work. How he knew what to look for I have no idea but I am eternally grateful. Unfortunately that was the last time I saw him, and was never able to thank him because I lost my insurance due to a break up with my ex. 7 years go by and I finally get an amazing job with good benefits so during open enrollment I checked to see if he was still on the list of Kaiser doctors and he was. This last week I had to make my first doctor appointment in 7 years. I go in and im sitting in the office and in walks Dr. Thompson. He looks at me and says "Hey, where you been?".... He actually remembered me! After thanking him for what he had done for me years ago, he sat down and listened to what was wrong with me, and he cared.....Same old Doctor Thompson. I cant say enough good things about this man. If you're in the market for a good primary care physician he is the best.