Dr. John Fahrbach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 12th, 2016
You'll never see the actual doctor
I've now been to this office twice. For my initial visit I waited an hour to be seen and then was seen by a Nurse Practitioner who was mostly good. She went through a flurry of tests and sent me out after about 10 minutes with an MRI script, and a script for PT. I felt that she listened to the issue and did all she could for the initial visit. MY second visit I arrived and had an MRI that took 1.5 hours and then went straight into my appointment. Again, I waited about 30 minutes beyond my appointment to be seen. When I was seen it was not by the doctor like I was told I would see, but again by a different Nurse Practitioner. This woman obviously hadn't read anything about me, including any updates from the previous visit and gave advice that countered the first NP. She told me both that my MRI (that she read, and confirmed with the doctor) showed no injury needing surgery and then followed up with "but it was a really poor quality MRI." I just had it done, in their office, an hour before. She also told me to see a chiropractor, and that I could very well have fibromyalgia. Meaning my pain at a 20 would be her pain at 2. I didn't even go to them for pain and I don't think that it's appropriate for a NP to be giving me such a bizarre and unfounded diagnosis. It was pretty clear she didn't listen or didn't believe what I told her about my condition and was clearly perceiving my pain to be imaginary. If I bother to go back, I'll demand to see the actual doctor for any more medical care. If they can't accomodate that, they shouldn't be a doctor's office. I'll go back to the UPenn medical system that was treating me before I moved. They never treated me like I was a drug seeking liar.

March 4th, 2014
outpatient surgery
Dr. Fahrbach has a wonderful bedside manner. Very informative spoke to me in " laymens" terms as opposed to other experiences I have had. I did not feel uncomfortable asking questions he answered them so I could understand them as well. I highly reccomend him. His staff was incredible as well.

March 18th, 2013
Overall good experience and treated me with respect. Helpful with explaining the surgery and his recommendations!

January 25th, 2010
Very good surgeoun
Dr. Fahrbach performed my back surgery in 2009. From the first time I met him, he put me at ease and treated me with respect. My surgery was very successful and I would highly recommend him

July 31st, 2009
Based upon 2 visits: 1) waited more than an hour both times and saw the doctor for a total for both visits of less than 5 minutes! He was obviously rushed. 2) Very poor communication among staff members. No one seemed to know what the other person was doing. 3) attempted fit for a brace not in the office but in the area where other patients were making appointments.