Dr. John Featheringill MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2016
Anterior hip replacement
Simply the best in the business!!! Within one week I was walking without a walker or cane. I had arthritis in my right hip and was bone on bone. I did my research and saw that Dr Featheringill was the surgeon for me. I had seen other orthopedic Dr's, but they didn't perform the anterior approach. I am very pleased to have chosen Dr Festheringill who's experience speaks for itself. I have to constantly tell myself to slow down and not to overdo anything. Don't look any further, Dr Feathergill is your guy!! I'm 54 and thought I was too young. Cycled on an average of 100 miles per week before surgery and can't wait to get back out there. Of course, no green light yet for that, but on stationary bike after week 1 in therapy.God bless you and your staff Dr Feathergill!!!!!!

January 5th, 2016
Patient
Great work!

September 1st, 2015
So Thankful for My New Hip!
God has truly used Dr. Featheringill to change my life! Due to having had Perthes Disease as a child, I received a total hip replacement on 8/6/14, at the age of 38. From pre to post op, Dr. Featheringill and his staff were such a blessing to me and my family. A year later, I am feeling great and for the first time in 30 years am pain free and feel better than I ever could have imagined was possible. Dr. Featheringill is so very professional and compassionate and his bedside manner is the best that I have ever experienced which quickly put me at ease regarding this procedure. The anterior approach (from the front of hip) was wonderful and I feel my recovery and healing was much faster than had I gone with the standard approach from the rear/back of the hip. My physical therapist was not familiar with this approach but was so impressed with my progress that she asked many questions about who/when/where I had the procedure done. I live in Chattanooga, TN and had a 2+ hour drive but the knowledgeable treatment provided by such a wonderful physician was well worth the extra time. I very highly recommend Dr. Featheringill and his team! I had been seen a doctor locally in Chattanooga and determined the need for surgery but thankfully a friend referred and encouraged me to at least see Dr. Featheringill for a second opinion and I couldn’t have been more pleased with my experience. Princeton Baptist Hospital staff and the level or care provide were also amazing!

August 12th, 2015
Total hip replacement...no problems

August 10th, 2015
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I'VE USED DR FEATHERINGILL FOR KNEE SURGERY AND HE AND HIS STAFF ARE AMAZING PEOPLE AND HE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND ON BOTH SURGERIES WILL HIGHLY RECOMEND HIM TO ANYONE NEEDING SURGERY

June 1st, 2015
knee repair
Unfortunately the last 20 yrs have been filled with surgeries, some very complicated and dangerous. So when I got to the point where I couldn't ignore this knee pain anymore I sought a referral from someone I trusted. They gave this name and I am so grateful. Not only is he very skilled but his bedside manner is unbelievable. Having dealt with neurosurgeons for years and their God complex, Featheringill is a breathe of sweet air! To top that off his staff is awesome, very efficient and so friendly. Course that starts at the top. It's hard to say surgery was a pleasant experience but this was close to that. Call make your appointment!

November 26th, 2012
I got lucky to have come across this GREAT man and doctor. I have sent many people to see him. I have one coming all the way from Picayune,Ms for a total hip replacement. EXCELLENT!

July 23rd, 2012
Excellent care
Not only was I pleased with this Doctor but his staff was also very good. Even on the days when they were busy, never did they make me feel I was a bother or asking something that they had already answered a hundred times that day. They helped me with other doctors; with anything that I needed. Follow-up care was also excellent. One of the last places where good care is practiced on a daily basis. I can whole-heartedly recommend this doctor and his staff.

December 6th, 2011
Above and beyond call of duty and expectations.

December 17th, 2010
crushed ankle
I crushed my ankle about a year ago. Dr. Featheringill said it was the worst he had seen in his career. He was very kind and caring. I am a baby when it comes to pain and because the break was so severe both sides of my ankle had to be operated on. I had never met Dr. Featheringill until the day of my surgery. He place a plate and 9 screws in my ankle. Sent me to rehab and told me to expect alot of arthritis in that ankle. I have now went through two winters with this one having several days of below freezing temperatures. I have had no pain at all. We call it my bionic foot since it has so much metal in it. Thanks to the doctor and rehab I have full mobility in my foot and he saw that my recovery was as painless as possible. I would Highly recommend this doctor to anyone needing any type of orthopedic surgery.

June 3rd, 2010
HIGHLY RECOMMEND
THIS EXCELLENT SURGEON DID A TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT FOR ME USING THE 'ANTERIOR APPROACH'. THE RECOVERY FROM THIS TYPE OF SURGERY IS 10 TIMES FASTER & (FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD ABOUT THE OTHER) MUCH MUCH LESS PAINFUL. MY HIP WENT BAD SUDDENLY--APPARENTLY A DEFECT WAITING TO HAPPEN. HAD NEVER HAD TROUBLE BEFORE. ANOTHER PHYSICIAN DIAGNOSED ME. I CONFIRMED IT WITH A SECOND OPINION BUT I SOUGHT OUT DR FEATHERINGILL BECAUSE I'D HEARD HE BEEN DOING THIS SURGERY FOR A WHILE. ONCE PATIENTS LEARN THERE IS A MUCH EASIER & LESS PAINFUL TYPE OF SURGERY, THEY WON'T CONSIDER THE OTHER TYPE. THEN A LOT OF ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS WILL HAVE TO TAKE TIME OUT OF THEIR PRACTICE TO GO THROUGH THE TRAINING AND PRACTICE TO DO THIS SURGERY!THIS DOC HAS ALREADY PERFORMED LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THEM!!! I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE PLEASED----UNLESS IT HAD BEEN FREE!!!

March 27th, 2010
Dr Featheringill did my Total Hip Replacement
I'm 29 years old, and I had to get my hip replaced. I have two children. Dr Featheringill was great! He guided me through everything! I saw him before my surgery and when we were done I was ready for it! I was driving the second week after surgery, and I was also walking with a limp but not a walker no more at two weeks.I was able to be a mom again the third week although I could'nt pick my three year old up until the fifth week.I had no staples and my insicion was as long as my cell phone! He was very kind and detailed about the procedure.I would recommend him to anyone who needs surgery!