Dr. John Feder Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John Feder?

Great, unpretentious, clear spoken, bedside manner

Posted on April 6th, 2017

Posted on March 25th, 2017

He's the best of the best. Period.

Excellent

Posted on October 12th, 2016

hips replaced by dr gerber, also see dr gerber for knees, and at last visit told dr gerber about pain and swelling in r. Foot. He refered me to dr john feder and i am glad he did! Dr feder is a very caring and patient dr. He takes his time with you and you can ask him as many questions as you need to , have multiple breaks in bones in foot.

Doctor's Response

Hi Sandra. On behalf of Dr. Feder and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we wanted to say thank you for the wonderful feedback you left here. Have a great day!

Posted on February 17th, 2016

Just a nasty doctor and not qualified for foot surgery.

The Wonderful Dr. Feder !!!

Posted on November 5th, 2015

Dr. Feder was just remarkably kind and patient with me. I knew I had to have surgery on my feet and was very nervous about it. He took thorough X-rays and spent a long time going over them with me and explaining everything. He's a foot specialist and a genius one at that! One month after surgery I am back in my shoes and pain free! All thanks to the wonderful Dr. John Feder!

Posted on June 4th, 2015

Dr. Feder is has no "bedside" manner. He is not particularly helpful in explaining the outcome of my surgery. I had a choice to fuse my hyperextended big toe on my right foot, or he suggested another surgical procedure he preferred (very strong opinion). He was very discouraging in the toe fusing. It would limit movement, even though the outcome would be certain that the toe would be in the correct position. He really pushed me toward not fusing and going with the method he preferred. I had young children at the time, so surgery was a big deal. I wanted it done once with a more certainty of outcome. The procedure he wanted me to get, he Couldn't 100% promise positive outcome, "but none of my patients have had the toe go back". I finally agreed, but was definitely wrong decision. Right after surgery, toe started going back..even with physical therapy, Toe is back where it was before the surgery. He also had to remove some large pins that were placed in my toe to straighten it. He removed in the office. Very painful. When I explained I was in a lot of pain, he seemed annoyed that he had to give me pain medication and wait for it to take effect. Very non caring person. I've had many surgeries over the years, he's the one surgeon, I would not recommend.

Horrible Doctor!

Posted on February 15th, 2015

I went to Dr. Feder a few years back for bunion/corrective surgery on my foot. He was aware of all my complaints and how embarrassed I was of my foot. I would not and still won't thanks to him wear flip flops or ever show my feet to anyone. I had a bunion, my fourth toes growth was stunted somehow and it is raised a bit so it does not touch the ground and my pinky toe sits underneath my fourth toe. He explained to me that the bunion would be removed, my big toe would be in a normal position (not pushed all the way to the left due to the bunion) by using a pin and removing the bunion, my pinky toe would be broken and straightened out and he would pin the fourth toe down so it would touch the ground as a normal toe should. This surgery meant everything to me and he knew it. I was never made aware of the risks of the surgery or that their was a chance it could fail because of how confident he was in telling me he could fix all of it. I should have done my own research on him and I am to blame for that, but as the doctor he should have made me aware that this whole surgery could in fact fail...which it did. Other then the bump of the bunion being removed successfully, my big toe is still in the same position it was before the surgery and he did not put a pin there to keep the toe straight like he said he would. After being out of work for 3 months and going through physical therapy, all my toes went back to their original placements as if the surgery never happened. My foot looks exactly the same minus the bump from the bunion which was the least of my problems and before the surgery I did not have any pain...after the surgery I did and still do years later. . When I went to see him for one of my post-op visits, he saw how all my toes went back to how they were and then proceeded to tell me that 1% of surgeries fail and that the soft tissues pulled the toes back to how they were. He left me crying in the room and went to see his next patient. I sat there waiting for him to come back, having no idea he was done with me and then I heard his voice in the next room. His staff is also not very friendly and very dismissive. It was not until I made a scene and was very upset that he come back into the room to try to calm me down and say that he could fix it with another surgery. I had just been out of work for 3 months because of this and did not get paid....the trust was gone and I would never let him touch my foot again. Please do your research before booking any surgeries with any doctor. If I would have seen some of these reviews at the time before my surgery, I would have never booked it with Dr. Feder! Do not go to this man for your surgery if you want good results.

Posted on November 17th, 2014

I have been a patient at Orlin and Cohen since 2005. I am currently under the care of three very professional and skilled Orthopedic specialist, Dr. Feder. While assisting me in managing many chronic disabilities, followed by two surgeries, they have help me to maintain a better quality of life. They have provided great counsel to live with some issues, without ever mandating surgery, beyond the scope of my own decision or ability to cope. I would not hesitate, to highly refer anyone in need of their services.

patient

Posted on June 16th, 2014

I had surgery to repair a 3/4 partially ruptured archilles tendon. I have nothing but great things to say about Doctor Feder. Two months during a follow up visit for the archilles, the PA noticed a stain on my sock, the PA called Dr. Feder in to investigate the stain that actually came from the surgical site. Dr. Feder had a very concerned look on his face, when I asked Dr. Feder if I should be concerned he replied that he was concerned. He cultured the discharge coming from my ankle and said he was going away on vacation and that he would be in touch with me. To make a long story short, it turned out to be MRSA which had nothing to do with the surgery,Doctor Feder made all the arrangements for me to be hospitlized and treated for the pending condition. He could have easily had one of his associate take care of me, he didn't he did everything for me while he was on vacation. This is what I call a real caring and concerned Doctor.

Excellent doctor and staff

Posted on October 21st, 2013

I read the reviews before I had surgery by Dr. Feder, and I was concerned but went ahead anyway because he was recommended by another doctor that I trusted. I do not understand where the negative reviews have come from. I have now seen Dr. Feder at 3 of his offices because his staff has accommodated me and fit me in. They have been great and so has the doctor. He spent a lot of time explaining everything to me and personally called me at home when I had more questions before the surgery. He has been friendly and reassuring, and although I am still recovering, I believe that he has done an excellent job in fixing my difficult injury. His physician's assistant, Kevin, has also been informative, gentle, patient, and friendly. I have NEVER felt rushed, talked down to or ignored by anyone in this practice. The reviews here seem either terrible or great, which is confusing, but my experience was great.

Bad Doctor

Posted on October 10th, 2013

Horrible bedside manor, condescending and arrogant. Makes you feel that you are an annoyance. When I complained that I am still having pain several months after the surgery on the joint of my big toe, he raised his arms up in the air and said that he told me before surgery " I never said you would't have pain". That statement was not true! I certainly would have made a different choice when considering surgery that was to eliminate pain. I asked what he suggests I do for the pain that I still have, he suggested more physical therapy on the toe. I found out my toe was extremely arthritic,and physical therapy was harmful to the toe. I walked out of physical therapy worse than when I walked in. I now have Plantar Fasciitis. When the doctors ego is more important to him than the well being of his patient, you don't get very good results.

AMAZING

Posted on May 25th, 2012

Dr Feder performed a surgery on my ankle in early November... By the end of the month I was dancing 10+ hours a week with no problems.... He is an outstanding doctor.