Dr. John Finkenberg MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery San Diego, CA

3.3

February 12th, 2014
Told me only surgery would fix neck pain. After surgical pre-op meetings I mentioned to him a 2nd opinion doctors diagnosis. On the way out of his office he changed the discs to be operated on without any explanation. When I late phoned about this, I was told it had been a clerical error. I fired him, and had just an epidural from another doctor and have no pain.

May 12th, 2013
Disappointing
You had better hope that things go well after your surgery because if they don't, this doctor does not care. He did his surgery. He feels his job is done. Any complications? Too bad for you . You are on your own. It has been 6 mos. post surgery. I am still in pain and can barely walk. Every time I meet with him he merely defends his surgical techniques. I am profoundly disappointed. I thought he would help me to feel better but instead I feel worse than before the surgery. He is completely lacking in empathy.

October 24th, 2012
It was clear to me that this Dr was working for the insurance Co and did not have my best interest in mind. He showed little or NO concern about me.

March 8th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Finkenberg is a wonderful doctor. He has a very high rating from other doctors. I have had several doctors tell me he is the best spinal surgeon in town.He performed my back surgery 4 1/2 years ago. I have had to see him for other issues and he has been very thorough in diagnosing my problem.

March 22nd, 2009
A G
Dr. Finkenberg performed spinal fusion surgery on me. He is an outstanding medical professional. I highly recommend him.

March 8th, 2009
Don't make the appointment if you don't have the time!
His recommendation for a major spinal surgery came after he looked at my MRI for about 2 minutes and spent about 8-10 minutes with me. Because his waiting room was backed up, he left when I still had many questions. I would have preferred that he just reschedule the appointment if he couldn't spend an appropriate amount of time with me. Also, there were many inaccuracies in his medical report which went in my records.