A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Finklea:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Finklea, FACC, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Finklea graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Finklea has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Prattville Baptist Hospital
- Jackson Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Finklea accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 5 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans