Dr. John Flanagan III MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine New Braunfels, TX

• Good
  • Bad

July 4th, 2013
Dr. Flanagan is fantastic!
1) When I was in EMS, Dr. Flanagan was our medical director. We brought him many critically ill or injured patients. He acted quickly, clearly and expertly to save lives and reduce pain. He is the best I have ever seen in an emergency room and routinely saved patients who supposedly were beyond help. 2) I was his patient twice, once with torn quadriceps and once with a finger I nearly amputated. 3) He treated my mother (about 87 y/o at the time) and secured further treatment which helped her live another six years. 4) I have seen him provide treatment and advice freely and without compensation. He is one of the few doctors who truly are “Good Samaritans”. 5) I have never seen him impatient or abrupt with a patient who listens to him (emergency room workload permitting). However, he can be abrupt with argumentative patients (which is totally justified). (Ease of appointment, follow up and wait time not applicable for emergency room environment.) I know of no other doctor I would want for my loved ones or myself during a life-threatening medical emergency.

May 24th, 2012
Dr Flanagan is great!
Dr Flanagan saw me in the emergency room in New Braunfels. He came in and sat down beside me to talk to me. No one has ever done that. He didnt interrupt me, and when my pain was getting worse he paid attention to it right away. When I left, I still had my illness, but he explained what to do to make daily life better. I wish all Doctors were like Dr Flanagan.

November 3rd, 2011
Top Doc
Dr Flanagan took care of my complaint rapidly and competently. He is caring, compassionate, and demonstrated concern beyond the job requirement. I would want him treating all my family. He is an emergency medicine doctor so it isnt really fair to grade him on appointments or wait times. THat is dependent upon how busy the ER is at the time I suppose.

March 16th, 2010
Definitely a "Dick" and a phony

November 22nd, 2009
Catherine DuBose

January 18th, 2009
Poor Bedside Manner
This guy was a real jerk. Bedside manner was horrible. Administered an antibiotic to a 2 month old before diagnosis/bloodwork was completed. When bloodwork was complete turns out the baby did not even need the antibiotic. When questioned on "need for certain procedures" this Dr. attacked us as parents and made us feel like bad parents. Raised his voice and was very confrontational. From 1-10, rate him a 1.

March 27th, 2015