A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Foker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Foker
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Foker Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Foker, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Disease
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Foker graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Foker has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- Childrens Health Care-Minneapolis
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John E Foker MD and PHD is a male Surgeon, has 49 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John E. Foker practice?
- Dr. John Foker has 1 office location.
Dr. John Foker practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Minneapolis, MN.
See Minneapolis Surgeons.