A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Forbes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Forbes is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Forbes
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Forbes Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Forbes, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Forbes graduated from University of Washington, Seattle.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Francis Forbes MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John F. Forbes practice?
- Dr. John Forbes has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Forbes practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Lorton, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Bolling Afb, DC and Grand Junction, CO.
See Lorton Psychiatrists.