A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Fordtran:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Fordtran is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fordtran
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Fordtran Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Pernicious Anemia
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Fordtran graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fordtran has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Baylor Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Satterfield Fordtran MD is a male Internist and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John S. Fordtran practice?
- Dr. John Fordtran has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Fordtran practices Gastroenterology near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Gastroenterologists.