Dr. John Frangie Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Frangie?

November 10th, 2016

Catract Surgery

From initial consultation through the final follow-up exam, Dr. Frangie, his staff and his associated staff at the Cataract and Laser Center were totally professional, courteous, knowledgeable, informative and thorough. The cataract procedures, themselves, were quick and painless. Even though my results were good, the confidence I had that Dr. Frangie could handle any problems that might occur alleviated my pre-surgical anxiety. Waiting times seemed a bit long but not that unreasonable when I realized that if I had an issue requiring more of Dr. Frangie's time I would get it.

August 18th, 2016

I couldn't be more pleased with this doctor and his care of my daughter. I would recomend him to anyone.

July 15th, 2016

Terrible from beginning to end

October 23rd, 2015

After 5 visits, no diagnosis or help

I developed what is probably Dry Eye and was referred to Frangie by my optometrist. First appointment he argued with the dry eye diagnosis, even though I had a Schirmers of 2 at optometrists. He never worked me up for Dry Eye, just spent 10 minutes with me, and told me I had recurrent corneal ulcerations. Treatment: night time ointment. Visit next month, no improvement. He spent about 5 minutes with me and put me on doxycycline. Still no workup for dry eye, never asked about artificial tears, etc. After more weeks of pain, I filled my optometrists' prescription for restasis and lotemax and started to see improvement. Back to Frangie, he just shrugged and told me to keep up the good work, 5 minute visit. I did well for a few weeks, then had pain again. 4th visit to Frangie--oh I have MGD and need to do hot compresses. Stop the doxycycline. I do the hot compresses, no change. Fifth visit he tells me it's good I have no staining on my corneas--but he never put the staining drops in my eye that time!! I was so dumbfounded I didn't say anything. That was my last visit.

April 28th, 2015

I RECOMMEND!

He did surgery on my eyes, great results!

September 19th, 2012

Careful, Thorough, and Highly Capable

Dr. Frangie is a terrific, highly competent doctor. If there are problems, he will work until they are resolved. The only thing I don't like is sitting in a waiting room where a loud video about various surgeries and problems plays over and over. I would prefer quiet or low music.

June 30th, 2012

Great if you don't have complications

After cataract surgery, I had severe double vision. I later found out that this is a uncommon complication caused when the needle used to administer the anesthetic damages a nerve near the eye. But when I reported this problem to Dr. Frangie in my followup appointment, he was completely dismissive and DIDN'T EVEN EXAMINE me to see what was going on. He said, Oh, that's just your astigmatism, and then suggested it was my fault because I hadn't chosen to buy the astigmatic lens. I have very slight astigmatism, and I'd never had symptoms like this before. He should have discussed with me which form of anesthetic would be used (injected vs drops) and the possible complications. Dr. Frangie takes a lot of time with you in your initial visit, and is very charming, but if your outcome isn't routine, don't expect him to take any time with you. He was always in a huge rush with me.

April 9th, 2012

Better than most

I have been seen by other Eye Doctors due to my eye condition with my corneas, I was a over user of Contact Lenses which did harm to my eyes, and Dr. Frangie was the only one who was able to correct the problem. I give him a lot of credit, as I went through many other doctors not knowing how to treat my eyes, until I saw Dr. Frangie!

July 28th, 2011

my visit in his office

I felt that every time i have been seen by Dr. Frangie, which has been in the Greenfield and Amherst locations, he has always been VERY helpful, listened to what I had to say, and took time answering my questions. That is why I always go back year after year to have my eye exam with Dr. Frangie

December 28th, 2010

I have found Dr. Frangie to be dismissive when I asked about some concerns with my eyesight. I expect to get very little time with Dr. Frangie and it always seems rushed. I'm sure he must be very good at surgery and understanding of the eye. I wait quite while before I am called in and then I usually sit the exam room for a long time a(45 mins or so) before I have have the 5-10 minutes of his attention. I think this HAS to be from overbooking because it happens every time I visit, no exceptions. I wish Dr. Frangie and his staff could value my time too. I have to take unpaid time off from work to see him and I keep my appointment times. They should be more realistic with scheduling. Also, the staff in Amherst office could benefit from a brush up course on Customer Service Courtesy. I didn't dwell on the times that I felt they could have been rude to me, but I saw how they were treating other patients who came in and I was appalled. How do you get away with that kind of behavior? Does Dr. Frangie know what's going on in the reception area? Does he care?

June 13th, 2017