Dr. John Fulkerson MD Patient Reviews

• 15 reviews

July 12th, 2016
Great Doctor
Awesome Doctor. Takes time to listen and talk.

July 11th, 2016
Top notch physician - would highly recommend him~!

February 23rd, 2016
listened to my concerns- gave me options and guidance based on what was necessary medically and what my concerns and needs were.

July 30th, 2015
The best!
I had the wonderful experience of finding Dr. Fulkerson. I relocated back to CT from AZ. I was nervous, at first because I was use to my Tucson Dr. Dr. Fulkerson is courteous, friendly, listens to my concerns. He is not surgery happy, which was a relief to me since I have osteoarthritis in both knees. Dr. Fulkerson has injected my knees with cortisone and Synvisc 1. I use to dread the shots in AZ, as they would hurt and someone would have to drive me because the knees were numb. Dr. Fulkerson is so well experienced that the procedures is painless. We have chatted about a few ideas to help my knees. He is very empathetic. I highly recommend Dr. Fulkerson. He has years of experience and is a "gentle man". He and his staff are superb!

July 19th, 2015
Excellent surgeon!
Dr Fulkerson was very confident he could help me. He presented facts for me to consider but was not at all pushy. He did an excellent job of informing me as to what to expect and the time frame for recovery. Everything went exactly as he explained and I had an excellent outcome. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr Fulkeson's kind bedside manner and skill as a surgeon!

January 27th, 2015
Knee Ligament Reconstruction
Dr. Fulkerson and team were wonderful! 1 year after surgery, couldn't ask for better results

November 19th, 2013
An Exceptional Physician
I write this review because I am now 2 years post surgical rotator cuff surgery (complete tear) and I think it important for anyone considering orthopedic surgery to know about what en exceptional surgeon Dr Fulkerson is. My history with Dr Fulkerson goes back almost 35 years, and I am now 60 years old with a history of athletic involvement my entire life. My initial introduction to Dr Fulkerson was when I injured my knee playing basketball in my early twenties, diagnosed as a torn miniscus, repaired by Dr Fulkerson, Several years later (late 20s) a torn ACL sustained while paying soccer. Into my mid 30s another torn ACL (other knee) while playing in the Ct Soccer League. Later in my early 40s an ankle injury requiring repairative surgery. And lastly two years ago a complete rotator cuff tear repaired by Dr Fulkerson, with complete success allowing me to return to the athletic life I love so much. Over the past 30 years not only has Dr Fulkerson repaired my body in a way which has allowed me to continue playing basketball, softball, racquetball, and other sports I love but it is his demeanor and kind supportive manner which instills confidence in one's belief of their ability to overcome the procedures which he is performing. I will say with all seriousness that I had been warned by many about how painful rotator cuff surgery would be and how difficult and uncomfortable the healing process. I was almost guaranteed by others that I would never have full range of movement and motion again, yet my experience is just the opposite. After reviewing the MRIs with Dr Fulkerson, having him explain the shoulder damage I sustained to me, and deciding to have the surgery; I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. The first day post surgical was the only time I took any narcotics (percoset) for the discomfort, and that's only because I was told to "stay ahead of the pain" by others; My mistake. The pain was so insignificant and tolerable that I never had to take anything stronger that Ibuprofen for the minor discomfort. My recuperation (aided by the excellent therapists in Ct Orthopedics rehab clinic) was manageable, comfortable and progressive improvement in range of motion and shoulder strength was noticeable and increased over time. Now some two years later I play softball weekly, racquetball, and lift weights without any discomfort or restraint of movement. Although I admit that my exercise routine may be deemed excessive by some the important fact is that Dr Fulkerson, through exceptional surgical diagnoses and technique has given me the ability to rebuild and restore my physicality to a level which is only limited by myself and my age. To anyone considering orthopedic surgery I cannot stress to you enough, as someone who has been under the knife 5 times with Dr Fulkerson, you need to at least meet this extraordinary physician before you make a decision which will potentially impact the rest of your life. And as an aside, years ago I was also diagnosed by Dr Fulkerson as having pseudo-gout which flared up in my right knee previously undiagnosed. While a visit to another physician (while Fulkerson was on vacation) led to suggestions of a need for immediate knee surgery I waited for Dr Fulkerson return and correct diagnosis which was treated with an anti-inflammatory and required NO surgery. There are still doctors out there who are extraordinary and humble, kind yet professional, John Fulkerson is one of the rare breed.

January 26th, 2013
Fulkerson is top notch. Straight shooter that has fixed my knee when other surgeons could not. Highly recommended.

July 28th, 2012
Dr.Fulkerson takes the time to listen to symptoms and concerns.His calm demeanor eases anxiety and he is gentle in his approach. Great surgical technique.

October 27th, 2011
Dr. Fulkerson has repaired my left knee and both shoulders. His diagnoses was spot on with all three procedures. His recovery times for the procedures was also right on target. I would highly recommend Dr. Fulkerson

September 20th, 2011
great
Dr was very nice and understanding with my problem

August 31st, 2011
Scott E.
I had my left rotator cuff and bicep tendon repaired. Dr. Fulkerson's skill left me with relatively little pain and I regained full use of my arm after a few months of therapy.