A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Furia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Furia is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Furia, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Furia graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Furia has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Evangelical Community Hospital
- Sunbury Community Hospital
- Shamokin Area Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Furia accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan