A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Furia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Furia is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Furia
Overuse Injury in Youths Patient Education Learn about the most common overuse injuries that youths face when participating in sports, and how to minimize the risk of injury when participating in these types of activities by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Furia Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Furia, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Furia graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Furia has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Evangelical Community Hospital
- Sunbury Community Hospital
- Shamokin Area Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Patrick Furia MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John P. Furia practice?
- Dr. John Furia has 1 office location.
Dr. John Furia practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Lewisburg, PA.
See Lewisburg Surgeons.