Dr. John Fyda MD Patient Reviews

2.1

March 20th, 2016
I couldn't agree more with the reviews I just read here. He was the most condescending doctor I have ever been to. His secretary was rude. After diagnosing my daughter immediately with IBS and insinuating she hadn't been vomiting daily or any of her other symptoms were real, we were extremely frustrated. His advice was keep her in school and more fiber. I insisted on an upper GI (the results were negative) and then an endoscopy. I had to argue with his secretary about scheduling it, she must have her medical degree as well. He came in to see my daughter the day of the test and basically accused her of not having any symptoms and insisted this test was a waste of his time. It also was negative. He called me with the results and told me that again he knows she has IBS and its stress. He insisted on days she suffered with terrible episodes of diarrhea that she still go to school, because "other kids I see have it WAY worse than her." There's a reason his schedule is so open to get an appointment quickly and the other group of GI doctors has a three month wait. I have removed gluten from my daughters diet, based on what I've read, and she's improving. I would never suggest this doctor to anyone, EVER.

March 5th, 2014
It is difficult to put into words how disappointed I was in Dr. Fyda. He took very little interest in my child. He came up with a quick, easy diagnosis which as it turns out is inaccurate, and he was unwilling to do or order any diagnostic tests. We had to get a second opinion in order to find out what was wrong with our child. I find it hard to believe that Children's Hospital of Akron allows him to practice medicine in their facility.

June 28th, 2012
this doctor was very rude and disrespectful, didn't really care about my daughter, was very time wasting and wasn't able to get things done quickly with her ilness. but the plus side was that the office staff was very well and treated my daughter well.

December 11th, 2011
He should be fired or retire.
I went to him in five or six years ago. Just as others have said....he was obnoxious, unprofessional, arrogant and disruptive. He did nothing but blood tests and an upper GI. He assumed I had IBS and had the audacity to tell me to "see a psychologist". I didn't and still don't have symptoms of IBS. He disregards my symptoms and think she knows better than I do what's wrong with me. He interrupted me constantly and shot down everything I said when I was so sick I had a hard enough time articulating and relaying my symptoms and concerns as it was. I see I'm not the only one..and I can't believe he's been there as long as he has with his behavior.

November 16th, 2011
Caring, thorough pCarrofessional
Dr. Fyda utilized previous medical tests (recent) to avoid doubling them up. He discussed with my daughter what her symptoms, etc, were, asking in differing approaches to ensure that he was getting the full picture. He asked me as a parent to add any needed information at any given time. He was caring, yet professional. Dr. Fyda restated answers to my daughter, explained thoroughly whathe was and was not seeing specific to the situation, and gave his opinion based upon the evidence he was provided. I would recommend him, and would utilize his services again, if needed.

November 12th, 2011
Should find a new profession.
I have never encountered a physician as condescending or arrogant as Dr. John Fyda. Not only did he refuse to allow me to speak or inform him as to the health problems my child is experiencing, but he rushed to a diagnosis of "chronic IBS" (symptoms of which my son does not have) without even examining him, his health records, or any paperwork. He asked my son if he felt better after resting or sleeping, and then told me " he probably just doesn't want to go to school". Really? After years of pain and fatigue, and being referred to him by two respected, concerned physicians? I was appalled by this man. He treated me with complete disrespect, and my son said "I didn't like that man, Mom" when we left the office.

April 8th, 2011
Misdiagnosed
My son was vomiting and having problems gaining weight. We were referred to Dr. Fyda and all he did was look at him touch his stomach and said he has reflux. 2 weeks later the vomiting was alot worse so I called and told the secretary a 6 week old should not be vomiting this much and this doesnt seem right. The secretary made me feel stupid and told me to call back the next day after 2pm and they would have an answer for me on what to do. I called back and they scheduled a GI found out my son has malrotation! Dr. Fyda called me personally with the results because he knew he screwed up. I wouldnt of known the symptoms of it and my son could have died if the intestines twisted. I would have only had 3 hours to get him to the er and into surgery to save his life. I am furious with this dr and akron childrens.

March 28th, 2011
Very rude, talks down to patients and makes them feel like they are not right about thier own health and related symptoms. Not at all a doctor that should be seeing children.