A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Byrne:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Byrne is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Byrne, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 28 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Intraoperative Complications
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Byrne graduated from Boston University . He has 10 awards.
Dr. Byrne has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Maury Regional Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Byrne accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Byrne practice?
Dr. John Byrne practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Adult Medicine near Nashville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Columbia, TN and Boston, MA.
See Nashville Surgeons and Nashville Family Physicians.