Dr. John Ellis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 13th, 2016
Dr. Ellis is a great doctor and some might not like his bed side manner. He is busy and does not have time for visiting. My broken elbow was repaired and have not had a problem. PT is necessary with most broken bones.

April 25th, 2016
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE
I will never go back to Dr Ellis and I would definitely not recommend him. He is rude, impatient and could care less about what you have to say. I came in for my right shoulder issues and I had brought in a 2 month old MRI of my lumbar spine which was previously read by a radiologist as showing mild arthritis. Dr Ellis looked at it and told me I had severe spinal stenosis. I wasn't questioning his ability to read an MRI, but I was genuinely surprised and said so. Big mistake. You do not want to interrupt this doctor. He glared at me, told me not to speak while he was talking or I would not hear him. Well guess what Dr Ellis, maybe you should pause long enough to be respectful to your patients.

April 11th, 2016
I have total faith in Dr. Ellis and his work.

January 25th, 2016
Recent surgery
I had a full hip replacement performed by Dr Ellis. He is direct and to the point. Very professional. I am recovering at a strong pace since I did not require any blood or have an infection. His staff has been very attentive and accommodating.

December 9th, 2015
Extremely, Extremely Horrible Experience
I was referred to Dr. Ellis in Temecula, CA for a 2nd opinion after having a knee replacement and after 5 months, still not able to bend knee. My appt. was at 11:00 and I sat for 1 1/2 hrs. before being called in. Dr. Ellis entered the room and introduced himself. He also said "Here are my rules for a 2nd opinion. You are not allowed to talk about the other Dr. and you are not allowed to discuss with me what you previously talked about with that Dr. Do you understand?" I could tell right off this was not going to go well. He started lecturing me about something that had nothing to do with my appt. He was condescending to me. He made me cry. He did not allow me to talk about what the issues were that I had experienced over the past 5 months. When I did start to speak, he told me it wasn't my turn to talk. I was never allowed to tell him what I had physically been experiencing over the 5 months. He was rude, condescending and very nasty to me. When I started to cry, he said "Oh did I hurt your feelings?" At this point I stood up and said we were finished with the appt. I have never been to a Dr. that was so unprofessional & unethical. He basically blamed me for my condition. Had he allowed me to speak I would have been able to share with him that my insurance only covers physical therapy 2x a week. He does not care what you have to say. So, if you are going for a 2nd opinion, Dr. Ellis isn't the doctor to see if you want someone warm, caring and understanding. I will never recommend him to another patient. I was looking for answers today, not a lecture. My primary doctor and his medical group are going to get an earful next week about Dr. Ellis. At my primary doctors office, patients are the priority! I also will be notifying the California Medical Board of his behavior.

August 24th, 2015
Very educated qualified ortho doc . Great staff . Kind , friendly caring .

July 15th, 2015
Consumer beware#
Do not recommend for minor breaks. His team is ill equipped and he lacks the professionalism to keep his calendar.

June 1st, 2015
Ended up with permanent nerve damage after surgery

May 6th, 2014
Talks bad about his patients
Staff did not verify my insurance....told me I owed a lot of money. Once in a patient room I was mortified to hear Dr. Ellis tell his staff the reason for the previous patient's knee pain is because she was huge. They all laughed. When he finally got to me he told me he wanted to take new xrays even though I brought xrays with me. In the end he gave me Mobic with is no different than what I was already taking. I still have pain. I don't recommend!

February 18th, 2014
Dont waste your time! Horrible experience
Wait time was hideous. While waiting sooooo long the tall skinny blonde lady (I guess the boss) came out and began to reprimand the girls who worked in the front office. I felt so bad for them. She was such a bully not allowing them to explain. They were extremely busy and she did nothing to help but yell at them. I finally got call back for my sons broken arm and Dr. Ellis was less than pleasant. He was very cocky and barely explained his procedure plans. He said he needed a cast and left without explaining what exactly was wrong with my son. Very disappointed. Go somewhere else.

November 30th, 2012
a very knowledgable and caring physician
Dr Ellis has been my ortho doctor for nearly 20 years. He has treated and continues to treat my husband and myself, my mother, my children and grandchildren and my siblings and their children as well as many friends and neighbors. We all love the staff and expertise of Dr. Ellis. I have undergone surgery on two different occasions for two separate problems and at two separate facilities and have had the best care before and after surgery. Dr Ellis is a very busy doctor as he is very well known and respected in the community but is well worth the wait. At times, he does seem to be rushed but I understand that some patients 'need' him for more emergent problems and I appreciate his knowledgeable staff who are able to 'fill in' when the doctors time is in short supply. All in all, great doctor, great staff, great experience time and time again.

November 16th, 2012
end result was good
his bedside manner is not for the sensitive...he is direct and to the point. over all,it feels like he did a good job with my knee replacement.my impression is that he needs to slow down.everyone reacts differantly to surgery because it sometimes triggers other health issues.i had complications but i cant really blame him. its important to spend time with your primary dr. and go over your health in detail...autoimmune diseases can really make healing difficult...also,i wasnt impresed with inland valley.you really have to scream if you are in pain or suspect somthing isnt right.