Dr. John Galeno Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John Galeno?

Orthopedic Care

Posted on June 13th, 2017

Very professional and Great Doctor and Surgeon

Patient

Posted on April 28th, 2016

Great Doctor and very professional.

Steer clear of Galeno!!

Posted on March 11th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Galeno for almost a year now. Every time I have an appointment I wait on average 2 hours! I have no input as to Dr. Galeno's skills as a surgeon but his office in Fishkill NY is very unorganized and rude! To expect a patient, many of whom have back problems, to sit and wait for hours is plain old wrong! Is this Obamacare, this doctor being greedy or a combination of both? I would strongly urge anyone looking for an Ortho doctor to go e!sewhere. Dr. Galeno is clearly too busy or just unethical!!

Posted on December 11th, 2014

Rotten rotten dr.!

long wait, lying staff

Posted on October 31st, 2013

my first visit i had to wait about 40 minutes to see the doc. for my 2nd visit, i called just before i left home to ask if the doctor was running on time. fair question, right? the woman said "yes, yes" right away. i showed up on time, and then waited a full hour to see the doctor. why would the woman blatantly lie like that? the only thing i can think of is that the doctor instructed them to say that when someone calls. why would it hurt to tell me to come in 20 or 30 minutes later, saving me time. they obviously think the doc's time is far more important than mine. then, when the doc saw me, no apology or acknowledgement that i had to wait an hour. i agree with the other reviewers - they just seem to be interested in churning through patients with zero regard for wait times. it's just rude and disrespectful to patients.

MEDICAL PERSON

Posted on May 13th, 2013

THE OFFICE STAFF IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL VERY RUDE ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION IS YELLED WHERE THE WHOLE OFFICE CAN HEAR THE WAIT TIME IS 3-4 HOURS LONG WHICH IS RIDICULOUS AND AS FOR DOCTOR NOT VERY COMPASSIONATE DO NOT TAKE THE TIME TO REALLY EXPLAIN WHAT HE IS GOING TO BE DOING ON YOU AND ONLY CONCERN IS ALL ABOUT MONEY MORE THAN THE PATIENT I HAVE A BROKEN BACK NOW FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND I SIT AROUND IN PAIN DAY AND NIGHT AND HE WILL NOT PRESCRIBE ANYTHING . I DON'T THINK THAT IS SOMEONE WHO I WANT TO SURGERY ON ME AFTER SURGERY I MAY BE IN PAIN AND HE WON'T PRESCRIBE ANYTHING NOT ME SO FOR AS ME EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DOCTOR I GIVE HIM AND HIS STAFF 0 CREDIT.

Living Pain Free

Posted on September 14th, 2012

I have had Dr. Galeno perform 2 spinal fusions. L2 to S1 in my lumbar spine and C3 to C7 in my cervical spine. Without him I would still live daily with terrible pain. I am pain free thanks to his skill.

the best

Posted on November 8th, 2009

He is the only Dr who was able to treat me the right way. I will trust only him to follow up on my back. He is the best.

Excelllent doctor, horrible staff

Posted on July 23rd, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Galeno's for a number of years. He performed knee surgery on me, and multiple surgeries for a complication of a broken collarbone fixation. Wait times at his office have always been less than desirable, with typical wait times exceeding 2 hours. Since he rejoined University Orthopaedics, and taking on Jayne as his office manager, it seems I am not the only one who has had problems. When I showed up for an appointment, I was informed that I had a bill from a consult with another doctor in the group before he rejoined them. They offered to reschedule my appt when I could afford to pay the bill, overlooking that I was there for problems with my previously fixed collarbone/shoulder. At this point, the lovely Jayne puts me on the phone withthe group's billing department, in the middle of the waiting room. I was extremely angry, and mortified. I don't understand how they can treat the patients like this, but as a result, like the previous reviewer, I too will be going to a new doctor. It's a shame, as Dr. Galeno, minus the horrors that are his office/staff, is a wonderful man and doctor.

Doctor-AWESOME, staff-AWFUL

Posted on April 22nd, 2009

Love Dr. Galeno to death-he is talented, precise and excels in his field. That being said, I unfortunately canNOT say the same of his staff. They are by far the MOST unprofessional, miserable women I've EVER encountered in ANY doctor's office and BELIEVE ME I've seen many, many doctors and even used to work for a few. Felt like I was bothering his assistant every time I had to ask her a question and even found myself apologizing for having to ask questions. I even got "spoken to" in front of a very full waiting room by Jayne his "surgical scheduler" and when I tried to tell her that I worked in med field for 13 years.....she cut me off by proclaiming loudly over me that SHE WAS a P.A. (physician Assistant)....which made NO sense to what I was trying to say, which was that I had NEVER seen someone treat a patient so poorly in my 13 years in the med field! (I guess she thought that me being in the same field for 13 years was NOTHING in comparison to HER BEING A PA...? lolol) Aside from his less than desireable staff mambers, the wait time to be seen is the longest I've ever seen or heard of....5 hours in some cases but for me 3.5-4 hours was my usual wait to be seen-thats EVERY single visit, not just once in a while. All in all I love him but just cannot take his nasty staff or wait times any more so unless those problems were to get "fixed" I will not be returning as a patient for my next surgery.

Posted on October 8th, 2017