Dr. John Gerguis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 27th, 2015
Dr. John
I have been a patient of Dr. John's since we arrived in Statesboro in 2008. I have the utmost trust in his practice. He is very through, which may be the reason the waiting time is a little long, BUT you can be assured that he will take the time necessary to treat your situation in a professional manner. The office staff is polite and cordial and accommodating to my needs, even in emergencies. It is my pleasure to call him My Doctor.

September 8th, 2014
Best Doctor ever.
Simply the best doctor ever.

February 21st, 2013
Billing nightmares for a simple flu visit..rather do a ER
Doctor's Response

We are sorry for the difficulties. At that time, we were under the employment of Health Management Associates (HMA) which also owned the hospital. We had no administrative control over billing or collections. Your difficulties were one of several reasons for which we terminated our employment with them.

November 15th, 2012
Wonderful office and staff
I have seen Dr. John and Angela Gerguis since before they opened the new office. As a current patient at their office, my family and I have always been treated with respect, congeniality and professionalism. Back in 2009, my eldest daughter became sick with a rare and extremely hard to diagnose progressive disease. She was repeatedly ill but testing kept coming up negative. No matter how frustrating it got for them and for us, they did not give up and just kept pushing until we found the right person that knew what was going on. My daughter got diagnosed far earlier than most kids with her disease due to persistence on both of our parts. Without them to back take the lead and listen to us, my daughters condition would have been very dire. She requires a good bit of doctor care and they are wonderful about fitting us in when needed. The office staff is very friendly and always ready to give us a smile and a laugh especially on those days when she is feeling her worst and needs it the most. Not only with her but the rest of my family too; my husband, like most husbands, does not like going to any Dr. but Dr. John always makes him smile and relax. He respects all personnel there and actually takes their advice! My girls have drawn pictures for the staff and have seen them hung up and kept up for them to see when they do visit.Like every Doctor, official or even auto mechanics office I have been to, there are sometimes long wait periods, difficult visits and issues that occur. No office is exempt from these occurrences; it is all in how it is handled. When problems have occurred, they are handled as quickly and professionally as possible. I have never felt neglected, dismissed or mistreated. I have always recommended them to others and will continue to do so. Every person in that office has treated me warmly, with care and understanding even on their and my bad days.

October 10th, 2012
management
Dr John is nice but his office continues to have issues that have lead me to looking for a new family practice
Doctor's Response

We are sorry for the difficulties. At that time, we were under the employment of Health Management Associates (HMA) which also owned the hospital. Your difficulties were one of several reasons for which we terminated our employment with them.

March 6th, 2012
Overall, Dr. John Gerguis is very good. We trust his knowledge, skill and diagnostic skills. Sometimes, it is hard to get an appointment, but then if it was easy, we would wonder why no one wanted him. We like that he offers a lot of different treatments and diagnostics at his office such as labwork, xrays, ultrasound, EKGs, and Cardiac Stress tests. He can even do Pap smears and minor surgeries, etc. We have always been well pleased with his care and his bedside manner is very much appreciated.

September 6th, 2011
wrong diganois
Diganois was wrong, I went for second opinion.

June 28th, 2011
Much in Demand
I enjoy going to Dr. J. Gerguis. He is VERY thorough, very proactive and listens well. He tries to stay abreast of modern thinking, practices and especially TECHNOLOGY, which is why he interacts with the computer so much. He is recording symptoms and details to check for patterns, etc. from comparison with your previous visits. His staff complement is not as big as when he shared office with multiple other doctors, but that should be expected. He obviously in still very much in demand and that more than anything says a LOT.

November 9th, 2010
A Dr. that cares
Dr john may be expierencing growth pains, but its because every one wants to see him. Keep up the good work.

March 8th, 2010
No leadership at office
Dr John is OK but his new office is a nightmare, None of the staff call back and never can get info on billing issues, will find someone with a more organized practice

February 5th, 2010
office mess
Dr John is a good doc but his new office is a mess. The billing dept has made so many errors and 5/6 times I call they want me to see these young doctor assistant girls. I will try the internal medical doctor my brother uses.

December 22nd, 2009
Not the same
I have been seeing Dr. John for several years. I have alot of faith in him. I am not pleased with his new practice nor am I pleased with the way his billing is handled.