A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Gerwin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Gerwin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gerwin
Seasonal Allergies Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about seasonal allergies such as hay fever, eye and mold allergies.Before Visiting Dr. Gerwin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Gerwin, FACS, MD is board certified in Otolaryngology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Ear Surgery (Otologic Surgical Procedures)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Laryngectomy (Larynx removal)
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gerwin graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Gerwin has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Trinity Medical Center
- Walker Baptist Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Gerwin FACS and MD is a male Otolaryngologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Otolaryngology.
- Where does Dr. John M. Gerwin practice?
- Dr. John Gerwin has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Gerwin practices Otolaryngology near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Alabaster, AL.
See Birmingham Otolaryngologists.