Dr. John Giglio MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 11th, 2015
Mrs.
I have been a patient of Dr. Giglio for many years. I intend to continue with him as a doctor.

March 1st, 2014
Arrogant and Rude - Find another physician
This doctor was so rude and insulting I wouldn't go to his office again if he was the only doctor available through my health insurance provider. I would change insurance companies first! I signed up with Humana for my health insurance and needed to select a primary care physician. I looked through their list of doctors online in my area. I choose Dr. Giglio because his office was very close to where I lived. I called and made an appointment initially to address some pre-existing conditions. The initial appointment was set for 3 weeks later. A day or two later, I came down with a bad case of bronchitis. I called his office and and got an appointment for the next day. When I saw the doctor I told him I had been getting bronchitis since I was a baby and also had come down with pneumonia 3 times in the past. I indicated that I was not getting any sleep from all the coughing and it was very stressful. I asked him if he would prescribe Ambien or Lunesta just until the coughing subsided somewhat. Dr. Giglio said he would not prescribe it because it was a narcotic and habit forming. He said was no different than Xanax, Valium or Hydrocodone. From everything I had heard and researched Ambien was very safe (non-narcotic) and non-habit forming. I had been prescribed Ambien before by another doctor and it worked very well. In any event, I didn't pursue it any further. Dr. Giglio said his office would call in some prescriptions and it I wasn't better by Monday to call his office. I left his office with that and went home. My husband picked up my prescriptions later that evening. To my surprise, I wasn't given anything to suppress my cough. This was shocking. I have gotten bronchitis usually 1-2 times a year for 58 years. I have always been prescribed cough syrup. I thought, surely, this was an oversight. But it was too late to cal the doctor's office as they were closed until Monday, I suffered through the weekend until Monday morning. I called the doctor's office the minute they opened. The doctor's office checked with the doctor that it was not an oversight so I asked if something could be prescribed. To my amazement, even though I just saw the doctor on the previous Friday, I was told I had to come in to see the doctor for any additional prescriptions. Ridiculous! I was exhausted and desperate from the cough, so I made another appointment for that afternoon. When I saw the doctor I expressed my dissatisfaction with having to return so soon and indicated that I needed a prescription for a cough suppressant. I told the doctor I still could not get any rest due to the hacking cough (which was very bad during the day but even worse in the evening). I said I had been prescribed several different kinds of cough syrup over the years but phenergan seemed to work the best, The phenergan with codeine also enabled me to sleep. At this point, this doctor went crazy. He pushed back his chair and glared at me saying, "If you are here just to get narcotics you have chosen the wrong doctor! I am not the one! You have been to my office 2 times and asked for narcotics both times." I was totally shocked by this reaction. I said, "I clearly am very sick. I haven't stopped coughing since I've been in your office and I am here solely for that reason. I am not here for narcotics." He replied, "REALLY!, REALLY!" I said, "Yes, REALLY! I've been getting bronchitis for 58 years and am just asking for something I know has worked work well for me in the past. I need to suppress this cough so that I can rest and recover. Are you crazy?" He replied again, "REALLY! I've been doing this for 25 years and I think I know things." Unbelievable! I just wanted to walk out at that point but I needed something for the cough. I just said, "Prescribe something; I don't care what it is. I just want to stop coughing." He said he would have something called in and I walked out. I didn't even ask what. I left his office and picked up my prescription -- the equivalent of Robitussin. I then called Humana and changed my primary care physician. I also cancelled the other appointment I had scheduled with Dr. Giglio for 3 weeks later for the pre-existing conditions. I have never been so insulted and humiliated like this before. What an arrogant jerk.

October 25th, 2012
Giglio MD
He's the best of all the Doctors I have seen!

September 11th, 2012
I have visited this Doctor s office once last week. I came in with something that had been bothering me for the past 2 weeks (headaches, sore throat and mild fevers). He said it was nothing serious and that if my symptoms did not improve to call him back that he would then prescribe an antibiotic. He sent me home that day with an over the counter allergy medicine and a nasal spray. I followed his instructions for 7 seven days and nothing improved, so I called first thing in the morning talked to a nurse who tells me that she will return my call around noon with an answer. I waited and waited and no one called me back, so I called 4 times until they finally called me back telling me that the Doctor won t prescribe anything that I need to come in again. So, I have to spend more money on a visit of him to double check me on the same symptoms, when he could have just send a prescription as he told me he would do. This whole situation was made even worse by his staff, not returning my calls, not answering the phone, and frankly just being plain rude. Do yourself a favor and don t waste anytime here.

April 25th, 2011
Caring Doctor
Dr Giglio reminds me of an old-fashioned doctor who really cares about his patients. He takes the time to go over everything, explain health issues (or possible health issues) and treatment options. He personally calls patients to give them their lab test results and goes over any follow up if necessary. I am so fortunate to have found Dr Giglio and even if I move out of Houston, I'm going to make sure I fly back to see him.