Dr. John Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 23rd, 2014
Dr. God lol
I went to Dr. Gilbert for about 6 to 7 years and didn't think I had an option. He and his staff are very rude and inconsiderate. Only time he seems nice is when he is insisting surgery so he can cut on you which also means more money. Isn't very good about giving you your right diagnoses. To worried about preaching to people and wanting u to go to church instead of being concerned with what's really wrong with you and being an actual Dr. The whole time I wasthere iI had one good Dr. And her name was Kim. She was the only one who seemed to really care about you and ur medical problems. From going to dr. Gilbert I have became worse from all his surgeries. I can barely even walk now. False information gets written in your paperwork and files so anyone still going to this office needs to check their records. Hey also like to blame other physicians you may have seen prior for things here has caused wrong with you and put Dr 'so you don't even know and haven't ever seen. I would advise any and all people seeking any pain management or help to find a different Dr other then dr. Gilbert. Hey made me have 5 different surgery within the time I was going there and I have only gotten worse and almost died from m

April 10th, 2014
an awful-horrible dr.
I went to see this dr.It was the worst expierence in my life.the staff was very rude and uncaring.i waited all day from 9am until 5pm to be seen.then when I finally got in the back I was treated even worse.i have cancer and back problems .instead of them looking at my medical proof they was wanting me to go to church.I was given pain meds. but when I went back the next month it was the same thing.i tried to explain the meds wasn't helping so what would be our next step.i got no response. Finally they did an mri and it showed more problems .They wasn't willing to change my meds or anything to help me..I am looking for a new dr.I wouldn't recommend no body to go to this dr.Him and his staff are very rude and inconsiderate..They only want money...I live in pain everyday and my family drsaid I would be like this for the rest of my life.

February 10th, 2014
Red flags everywhere on this practice
It took about 2 months to get an appointment. Upon arrival for my 9:30am scheduled visit, the lobby was already full with over 50 people and there are signs all over that state that only one person is allowed to wait with patients because of the small lobby. How can 50 plus people have appointments before 9:30am? Well, the answer is that we all had to wait 3 1/2 hours just to get back to an exam room. Then waited another hour for the doc to come in. He never made eye contact with me. His back was turned to me during the whole visit. He asked more questions about family history of drug abuse than the reason for my personal pain. He didn't do any kind of exam or even ask see my back, scars, or anything. He didn't check my movements at all. He did prescribe medication based on my former doctors order however, upon taking them to the pharmacy, they couldn't fill them because his office policy refuses to get prior authorizations for the medications from the insurance company...even though he specifically advertises (even on his on hold messages) that they take my insurance. Now I am forced to either pay full price for the mess or try to find another doctor. I'm definitely going to find another doctor. I don't recommend this office to anyone...ever. It's about as rough as you can get. The staff was extremely rude as well and the check out lady was basically a missionary with biblical references pasted all over her office. She was selling things as well. Very strange experience all around. Zero professionalism for sure. The exam room was smaller than a bathroom and the entire facility needed a good cleaning.

January 27th, 2014
Inconsiderant Basterb
If you like sitting in a dr office waiting 3-4 hrs to see them for 5 mins then this might be for you.First visit 3.5 hrs to get back this was after my appt.time...the only person with any dignity an spoke to me was the recp. The one doing drug test was a real BIT## an after her being that way she had a box fall off top shelf and knock her to floor lol that's what ya get for being an azz!! Finally seen dr he NEVER I MEAN NEVER even looked at me an I'm the kind of person likes eye contact. Finally got my scripts and went to check out,well had a line there wait almost another hr. to HE!! WITH this kind of dr,all he wants is your $$$ and treat you like cattle.looking for new dr and if you have any kind of brain you will too!!!!

January 15th, 2014
bad expierience
I would not go back if you paid me. Run away. I never made progress, was not believed, begged and pleaded for help and didnt get it. Did not get adequate pain control either... I only started getting better after i left. Now i can do things i couldnt do under his care. I would give all zeros but i cant.

August 7th, 2013
Two Whom it may concern
I went to this Joke years ago. I like wise had to wait all day. The waiting area was full of drug seekers. And the staff treated you like dirt. I had no ideal of anything about this guy. My DR. requested that i go to him. Bad mistake. I went to him for about 1 yr. i guess, Not sure.Anyways, I had no ideal whom to go to i was a freshman @ having back pain. And thought i had to do what they said or else. So there would be times i would go and they would say to me did you get a uds when they never give me a paper to get one from the begining. So i figured out i wasn't going to put up with there lying, Rude, Abusive, Arrigant ways. And i told my DR. i was going back and never. So i wouldn't Advise anyone to see them. Thank you!

June 10th, 2013
Paranoid & Dangerous
Minimum 2 1/2 hour wait. Just to be accused and threatened. Not a medical practice - it is a legalized pill mill with an ego driven staff. Very dangerous mix and in no way should be considered a place for medical help. If you desire to be brow beat, accused, and worship at the alter of "I have a script" staff and doc... sign up.

March 22nd, 2013
Of No use
Oh sure he wrote scripts, but then wanted me to have papers signed and go to chuch..would never ask if the meds he gave me help..and yes low and behold I came up dirty on a test...instead of asking why, dr mick came in and was the most hateful person I have ever met...they are there to help...not write out scripts and then never EVER ask if it help!!! btw it didn't

August 30th, 2012
four hour wait four min. visit
dont waste time or money on this side show carny no xray no mri no nothing just a lot of fast talk and a prayer.dr.gilbert you need a tent and some snakes and go into faith healing in the parking lot.i need areal back doctor.

July 23rd, 2012
Pain managment
Dr Gilbert is a very kind doctor and goes beyond to help his patients, he understands chronic pain and how hard it is to live with. I think he is a very good doctor. I have seen him now for 12 years.

May 15th, 2012
Absolutly terrible
It is a pill mill. I needed help and not a full blown pill writer. Over 3 hours wait. Answered none of my questions. Very short time spent with me. When I walked in the waiting room it was full of pill heads and I know what I am talking about because I was married to one. I started to just walk out and I wish I had. A very nice lady that came in while I was there had the same feelings I did and she did leave. My God, what is the world coming too. I won't ever go back there. But if you are a dope head then this is the place for you.

February 20th, 2012
Condescending, Arrogant, & Thinks He is God
First thing he said to me was that I needed to pray (after suffering with a ruptured disc for 22 years, I don't think prayer at this point is going to cut it). I was there for SURGICAL expertise, not spiritual counseling. Then he said he wouldn't operate until I lost 60 lbs. After all "Back Surgery is very expensive". Meanwhile, I'm thinking - - insurance covers back surgery (NOT gastric bypass - you idiot!!) Then when he found out I have hidradenitis, he said he wouldn't operate on me at all (like I'm a contagious leper or something), and that I need to find another surgeon that to do my surgery. I have NEVER had a physician make me feel so absolutely ROTTEN. His holier-than-thou attitude left me absolutely FUMING when I left there, and I wouldn't recommend him to ANYone!!!!