Dr. John Girard MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Boca Raton, FL

3.6

January 27th, 2017
DO NOT GO SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!
He is the worse doctor i have ever seen, he doesn't care about you at all he just cares about getting your money. (cash only) When i ask him about the price of the visits he became very defensive and ACTUALLY threw me out. I gave him a lot of my money and got nothing in return.

October 28th, 2016
great experience
Had an overall pleasurable experience.

September 11th, 2016
CEO of a local business.
I am great full he diagnosed a growing blood vessel in my abdomen that was missed by my PCP for years. He saved my life. I was there for back pain and walked out with a totally unexpected problem. I owe him my life.

June 28th, 2016
OVER PRESCRIBER/CASH ONLY/PILL MILL
This doctor believes that over prescribing pain and anxiety meds will make him rich and a reputable Doctor. Yes. It will. To any drug addict. A cash Only office is a sure sign of a pill mill. Prescribing 30mg Oxycodone, 2mg Xanax and 60 mg morphine sulfate is a lethal dose of medication for one month. All this man sees is dollar signs. This poor excuse for a doctor should have his license taken away before someone dies because of him. PILL MILL!

April 28th, 2015
Good doctor/ bad reputation because of the nature of the work
This is the only doctor who acknowledged my specific type of pain and treated it. He often gave me alternatives which I would try in lieu of just writing a script. He would talk with me about the best option and it wasn't always pain medications. I have endometriosis- severly which is a new diagnosis that I think many women are struggling with the pain, but there is no treatment for. There are probably millions of women struggling with the pain but are not treated because no one thinks the pain can be that debilitating. " Just take some ibuprofen" is what I got for years, then after being diagnosed with Acid Reflux and was told to stop all the Ibuprofen because of all the damage it did to my stomach, I was advised maybe a pain doctor. Dr. Girard was the only one who acknowledged and treated my pain. He is a doctor to help those in pain, he goes over all treatment modalities BEFORE just writing a script. Those that become dependant, or abuse their medication that is their decision. It is not any different than a psychiatrist who prescribes medication for anxiety and the patient gets hooked and they become "drug dealers". Dr. Girard spends a good deal of time with each patient to ensure the best treatment for their pain. Everytime I was in the waiting room, it never felt like I was in a "drug" or "prescription mill", it was very professional and the staff are very professional as well. I advise anyone who has real pain and needs someone to understand them and try out different treatments BEFORE just writing a script to Dr. Girard. I have moved up North, but will probably go see him again as the pain is flaring up and becoming too unbearable. If it wasn't for him, I would have spent years in pain. Thank you Dr. Girard and Staff :)

November 20th, 2014
My Truth
Before there were "Pill Mills" down here. Back some twenty years ago After my 6th back fusion. That were all nightmares. Even a doctor who did numbers 5 and 6. Told me he could go in and clean me out. One day after being home I was rush back to the hospital with my legs shaking non stop. I felt like I was being electrocuted. This guy had to go back in (number 6) one week after (number5). What they did wrong is unknown because they will never ever tell you what they screwed up. Now I suffered bad before that. But after I was suicidal. It took 6 months to work again and that was impossible. I was taking Lorcet, Percs, Vicoden and sometimes stronger. This was before Roxy's and Oxycontin. And pill mills. I went to doctor Girard. I didn't want meds. But I needed meds. I figured maybe getting off them would be an answer. Sometimes your mind gives you that pain while its craving narcotics. Dr Girard slowly helped me. Instead of giving me 100 pills he would call them in weekly so if I was in agony I wouldn't and couldn't take 10 at a time. I had to be responsible. Finally I tried rehab. Now I hated it. But got help. And even though I was still in agony. Incredible pain down my legs. Dr Girard came into where I was rehabbing to give me trigger point injections. Now some (few) helped. Unless you get that exact spot. But just the fact that this guy. "A DOCTOR" would take the time to make, or try and make me more comfortable. Years past I had a surgeon in NJ that brought me a t-shirt from the Indy 500. He was another caring soul. I realized Dr Girard could have forgotten about me and let me rot. But every day he would come in just to try and help. For that I have always been grateful. It is something that doctors don't do! No doctor is perfect. Most make so much money and are so out of touch with the population that you can barely get an hello. Dr Girard was ok...I can't imagine he changed that much! This was many years ago. But I can't imagine he's changed from having some heart!

December 3rd, 2013
CEO Healthcare /Attorney
I read the prior reviews and could not believe what was written. I would sue each one if they would indicate their full name. My experiences with Dr Girard personally, family and from clients have ALL been excellent. He is caring and compassionate. His philosophy is medication reduction. Dr Girard encourages all clients to reduce thier medications or consider his Detox program if they are dependent on pain pills. FYI the new medical trend is cash only practices or VIP care. Ignorance is bliss, but do not defame Dr Girard for his professional expertise. If you can't afford the Best, then go to a medicaid clinic where you should have initially.

November 9th, 2012
no way
horrible staff, rude and unattentive. Dr. Gerard doesm=nt care about his patients, all he wants is more customers. waited almos 1 hour from the time of my app.

April 19th, 2012
Excellent response and treatment
Dr. Girard is the best. I have friend that is addicted to oxycodone. I did some research for treatment, found suboxone and then searched for suboxone doctors in the area and his name came up. With just a doctors visit and a perscription my friend was able to avoid public therapy (with has bad ratings) and private therapy which is very expensive. The drug itself has an opium blocker which I expect will have positive results. Many treatment centers use this drug in therapy anyhow. Thank you Dr. Girard for your ability to address a major concern.

December 13th, 2010
need the office to be more clean and appeal to patients
did not use disposable items for the othoscope, he took one from his pocket, use it on me, wipe it with kleenx and put back in his lab coat pocket, nasty!! won't go back again.Tha front office was dirty and made me feel more sick, did not made the right treatment, even thought i told him that my dad is a doctor and he usually prescribe me with certain medication because i am inmune to other drugs, he still use otc like mucinex and rx zpack! still wanted me to try something i know will not work.

June 7th, 2010
Very fishy procedures
Attempting to go this doctor was a mistake. Dr. Girard wanted to charge me for a routine medical exam which my insurance plan covers at no cost to me. But Dr. Girard wanted to charge me for it anyways. I had the people from the insurance company call the doctor's office and verify that I shouldn't have to meet a co-pay and what's worse, they demanded cash payments only. Cash payments only at a doctor's office? That doesn't sound right. The doctor's office, ended up not accepting the request from the very insurance company (a respectable one by the way) not to charge patients a copay. 2 minutes later, they called me on my cell phone and canceled my appointment which was to take place in less than 24 hours because I was getting in trouble with my insurance company. Trouble maker? I do not think so, these people want to take advantage of the sick individuals who want to see the doctor and charge patients for cash only payments even after the insurance company is on the phone telling them they shouldn't charge them. My advice, stay away from Dr. Girard's office.

March 9th, 2010
Very caring physician. Spends enough time to discuss my problem and answers my questions. I use him to explain what my specialists don't have time or patience to discuss with me. He has saved my live. I highly recommend him as a physician.