Dr. John Girard MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2017
Highly Recommend
Dr. Girard is one of the best doctors I have ever seen, when I see the negative comments I can't believe them and they are probably disgruntled patients who did get their way, grow up!! Dr. Girard's staff is amazing, his front desk girl is the absolute best, she always greets me with a smile and goes out of her way to help me and I am sure all his patients.

July 21st, 2017
Waste of time and money
Very unsatisfied with this doctor

July 21st, 2017
Deserves 0 Stars, horrible doctor
I paid a lot of money (CASH) and got NOTHING in return

July 19th, 2017
Terrible
In my opinion Dr. John Girard is the most unprofessional and uncaring doctor I've ever visited in my life. HE DOES NOT ACCEPT INSURANCE and only accepts CASH. I got the impression from him AND his staff that they were more concerned about money than my health condition. Terrible bedside manner. I will never return there.

May 17th, 2017
excellent doctor for pain management
Dr Girard is one of the best pain doctors I have ever seen, he is very thorough, and has helped me tremendously with my pain needs. I highly recommend Dr Girard. Also his staff is very pleasant and the office is always so clean and smells wonderful

April 12th, 2017
Best Dr in Boca
Dr. Girard is one of the best physicians in the Boca area, I read some of the other reviews defaming his practice because it is a cash only office, if you knew anything about the medical industry you would know that cash, VIP and concierge offices are the new trend. His bedside manner is excellent and the staff there are great. His front desk lady is wonderful, you are always greeted with a smile and she goes above and beyond to help

January 27th, 2017
DO NOT GO SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!
He is the worse doctor i have ever seen, he doesn't care about you at all he just cares about getting your money. (cash only) When i ask him about the price of the visits he became very defensive and ACTUALLY threw me out. I gave him a lot of my money and got nothing in return.

October 28th, 2016
great experience
Had an overall pleasurable experience.

September 11th, 2016
CEO of a local business.
I am great full he diagnosed a growing blood vessel in my abdomen that was missed by my PCP for years. He saved my life. I was there for back pain and walked out with a totally unexpected problem. I owe him my life.

April 28th, 2015
Good doctor/ bad reputation because of the nature of the work
This is the only doctor who acknowledged my specific type of pain and treated it. He often gave me alternatives which I would try in lieu of just writing a script. He would talk with me about the best option and it wasn't always pain medications. I have endometriosis- severly which is a new diagnosis that I think many women are struggling with the pain, but there is no treatment for. There are probably millions of women struggling with the pain but are not treated because no one thinks the pain can be that debilitating. " Just take some ibuprofen" is what I got for years, then after being diagnosed with Acid Reflux and was told to stop all the Ibuprofen because of all the damage it did to my stomach, I was advised maybe a pain doctor. Dr. Girard was the only one who acknowledged and treated my pain. He is a doctor to help those in pain, he goes over all treatment modalities BEFORE just writing a script. Those that become dependant, or abuse their medication that is their decision. It is not any different than a psychiatrist who prescribes medication for anxiety and the patient gets hooked and they become "drug dealers". Dr. Girard spends a good deal of time with each patient to ensure the best treatment for their pain. Everytime I was in the waiting room, it never felt like I was in a "drug" or "prescription mill", it was very professional and the staff are very professional as well. I advise anyone who has real pain and needs someone to understand them and try out different treatments BEFORE just writing a script to Dr. Girard. I have moved up North, but will probably go see him again as the pain is flaring up and becoming too unbearable. If it wasn't for him, I would have spent years in pain. Thank you Dr. Girard and Staff :)

November 20th, 2014
My Truth
Before there were "Pill Mills" down here. Back some twenty years ago After my 6th back fusion. That were all nightmares. Even a doctor who did numbers 5 and 6. Told me he could go in and clean me out. One day after being home I was rush back to the hospital with my legs shaking non stop. I felt like I was being electrocuted. This guy had to go back in (number 6) one week after (number5). What they did wrong is unknown because they will never ever tell you what they screwed up. Now I suffered bad before that. But after I was suicidal. It took 6 months to work again and that was impossible. I was taking Lorcet, Percs, Vicoden and sometimes stronger. This was before Roxy's and Oxycontin. And pill mills. I went to doctor Girard. I didn't want meds. But I needed meds. I figured maybe getting off them would be an answer. Sometimes your mind gives you that pain while its craving narcotics. Dr Girard slowly helped me. Instead of giving me 100 pills he would call them in weekly so if I was in agony I wouldn't and couldn't take 10 at a time. I had to be responsible. Finally I tried rehab. Now I hated it. But got help. And even though I was still in agony. Incredible pain down my legs. Dr Girard came into where I was rehabbing to give me trigger point injections. Now some (few) helped. Unless you get that exact spot. But just the fact that this guy. "A DOCTOR" would take the time to make, or try and make me more comfortable. Years past I had a surgeon in NJ that brought me a t-shirt from the Indy 500. He was another caring soul. I realized Dr Girard could have forgotten about me and let me rot. But every day he would come in just to try and help. For that I have always been grateful. It is something that doctors don't do! No doctor is perfect. Most make so much money and are so out of touch with the population that you can barely get an hello. Dr Girard was ok...I can't imagine he changed that much! This was many years ago. But I can't imagine he's changed from having some heart!

December 3rd, 2013
CEO Healthcare /Attorney
I read the prior reviews and could not believe what was written. I would sue each one if they would indicate their full name. My experiences with Dr Girard personally, family and from clients have ALL been excellent. He is caring and compassionate. His philosophy is medication reduction. Dr Girard encourages all clients to reduce thier medications or consider his Detox program if they are dependent on pain pills. FYI the new medical trend is cash only practices or VIP care. Ignorance is bliss, but do not defame Dr Girard for his professional expertise. If you can't afford the Best, then go to a medicaid clinic where you should have initially.