A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Gittinger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Gittinger is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Gittinger, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Eye Diseases
- Optic Atrophy
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Gittinger graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Gittinger has 10 hospital affiliations:
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
- Metrowest Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gittinger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Unicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John W. Gittinger practice?
Dr. John Gittinger practices Ophthalmology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Ophthalmologists.