Ophthalmologists
8619 Broadway St
Ste 101
Pearland, TX 77584
713-668-9118
Locations and availability (10)

|  Only trust the best  |  show details
by Renolds on Nov 15th, 2013

I had been wanting LASIK for several years but was nervous about elective surgery. I did tons of research and asked my family doctor if he knew a Opthalmolagist he would trust. He said Dr. Goosey had done his eyes several years earlier and it was one of the best decisions hes made. My doc said that Dr. Goosey does almost all the healthcare professionals in Houston. That started to set my mind at ease. I went for consults at LASIK Plus and with Goosey. Goosey was more expensive but I felt way more comfortable there. Dr. Goosey sees all of his patients before and after the surgery. At LASIK Plus I was going to be followed by their Optometrist and only see the surgeon on the day of my procedure. LASIK Plus also tried way too hard to sell me on the procedure. At Goosey's office I met with the Refractive Coordinator named Jake. He was super nice and patient with me. He expained all about the different technologies and why theirs were better then their competitors. I had found a list if 50 questions to ask your LASIK Surgeon on the internet. Jake answered every question to my satisfaction. By the time I met with Dr. Goosey I really did not have any questions for him. He just reviewed all my testing and told me he could make me a happy camper. I scheduled my surgery two weeks later and if I had known how easy it was going to be then I would have done it much sooner. Dr. Goosey and his staff walked me through each step of the procedure and it was over before I even had a chance to get too nervous. I think the Valium also helped with that. I went home after the procedure and took a nap for a few hours. When I awoke I could see perfectly. I read 20/15 at my post-op visit the next morning. Dr. Goosey seemed genuinely excited for me about my outcome. I know he's probably used to that sort of thing but it was really nice of him to share in my excitment. If you are thinking about LASIK then he is the only one I would trust. I hope this review will be helpful to someone who is trying to find a surgeon they can trust.

|  Dr. Goosey is the best at what he does, hands down!  |  show details
by Jason C. Jenkins on Oct 9th, 2013

Dr. Goosey has been my treating Dr for 7 years now and still going strong. I suffered a catastrophic eye injury in April of 2006 and was referred to Dr. Goosey by an Ophthalmologist I saw in my hometown. Little did I know just how severe the injury was until I saw Dr. Goosey. He took on my case and has never looked back!! The very first day I saw him, he finished clinic w/ the rest of his patients then dedicated 100% of the rest of his day to me. My injury was one of the worst he had seen in all his years as an Ophthalmologist, at the time. He spent some 45 min to an hour w/ me guaranteeing me that things were gonna be OK. At the time, I was in an incredible amount of pain and extremely emotional b/c I didn't know what to expect, he re-assured me that he was going to be able to help and that my life and eyesight would be FINE!! Since that day, I have seen Dr. Goosey probably 1000 times and have had 24 eye surgeries including, corneal transplants (both eyes), cataract surgery (both eyes), amniograft transplants (both eyes), and etc. the list goes on. But, through all of this, Dr. Goosey's bedside manner and expertise in his field have never wavered. He is BY FAR the best, and most experienced Ophthalmologist, hands down!! He and his staff have literally brought me back from the brink of blindness and made it possible for me to live a somewhat normal life and for that I am forever grateful!! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Dr. Goosey and his staff for any of your eye care needs, HE'S THE BEST!!

|  The best doctor I've ever seen  |  show details
by Nicole on Oct 9th, 2013

I was in the Opthalmology field for almost 10 years in pharmaceutical sales, so I know all of the best doctors in the area. Dr. Goosey is by far the best in town and is considered to be one of the top five corneal surgeons in the country. Because of my job, I am frequently asked to recommend a Opthalmologist and I always send them to Dr. Goosey. Every patient I have sent his way have told me how impressed they were with their experience. He has done LASIK or cataract surgery on many friends and family members. Each time the result has exceeded their expectations. Thank you Dr. Goosey and staff for all of the wonderful work you have preformed over the years.

|  Dr. Goosey is the BEST!!!  |  show details
by STACIE on Oct 1st, 2013

I had been wanting to get LASIK for a long time and did not know where to go. I asked my Optometrist Dr. Arnould if he could recommend anyone and he said that he actually had the procedure done himself by a Dr. Goosey. I found this pretty comforting that my own eye doctor had done the procedure and also that other doctors usually know who go to see for medical care. I went home started reading on Angie's List about him and it was all positive. Then I came to Vitals and saw all positive reviews except for one referencing his bedside manner. Taking all my research into account I made an appointment. They got me in the next day and I could not have been more pleased with my experience. I first met with their Surgical Counselor who answered all my questions and told me all about their technology. Then Dr. Goosey came in to check my eyes and review all of my testing. He was very pleasant and warm. He shook my hand, called me by my first name, and told me to call him John. He did not seem to have the usual air of superiority that some surgeons have. He went over everything with me and asked if I had any questions. I told him that his counselor had done such a good job explaining everything that I had no additional questions for him other than how soon can I get my surgery? He laughed and said "He would treat my eyes as if they were his own." The way he said it left me with no doubt he was being sincere. He also said "It was going to be a game changer for me in a positive way." I had my LASIK a week later and it has been the best money I have ever spent. It's only been three weeks, but I had no idea how much I would enjoy not having to mess with glasses and contacts. The way he did my LASIK I don't even have to wear reading glasses. Dr. Goosey and his Staff walked me through each part of the process and acted genuinely excited for me about my outcome. One thing I like is the fact that I see Dr. Goosey every time I go in for an appoinment. My coworker had LASIK at another large practice in town and she said that she only saw her surgeon at the time of her surgery and has not seen him since. I guess not everyone gives the level of care that I am used to at Dr, Goosey's practice. I would recomend John to anyone who is interested in changing their life for the better with vision correction. He was right. It has been a total game changer for me. I want everone to experience what having perfect vision is like. I'm paying for my husband to have LASIK for his Christmas present. I couldn't think of a better gift than the gift of sight and that's just what Dr. Goosey has given me. Thank you so much!!!

|  Why see a specialist  |  show details
by Jake on Oct 1st, 2013

I had horrible vision and had severe trouble with driving at night because of halos and glare. I did my research and spoke with friends who are doctors about who I should see for LASIK. Dr. Goosey is the name that kept coming up. I did my research and found out that he was one of only two doctors in Houston who have the newest LASIK platform called the FS-200 and Allegretto wave EYE-Q. I also found out that almost every doctor in the area who's had the procedure went to Dr. Goosey. Everyone was right about him. He was very attentive and his staff walked me through the entire process. I now have 20/15 vision and see perfect at night because he did my LASIK with the new machine. I found out that all the other LASIK lasers actually cause your night vision it be worse after surgery. My dad also came here after he had another large practice in town mess his eyes up. He's now as happy as I am. I would recommend Dr. Goosey to anyone who wants their surgery done by a Corneal Specialist with the best technology on the market.

|  The Goosey Experience!  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2013

It is true what I read that it just makes sense to have a corneal expert be the one to do LASIK on your eyes. Thank you Dr. Goosey.

|  Warm & Caring  |  show details
by Connie T. on Sep 19th, 2013

Dr. Goosey has performed LASIK surgury for me as well as regular eye exams. Dr. Goosey and his staff are warm, friendly and caring. I did not have LASIK until I was in my 40s. Over 10 years later I still do not need glasses for anything except reading. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Goosey performed a miracle for me.

|  Expert, Thorough and Friendly  |  show details
by David in Spring, Texas on Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Goosey and his staff talked with me about my eyes and my vision. And, they listened patiently to what I had to say! They did various testing to get a complete perspective and give me a full evaluation. And, they explained what the tests were for and how they worked! Worth my drive into Houston.

|  Good doctor but bedside manner not good.  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Dr. Goosey is great at performing eye procedures. I know have 20/20 vision in my left eye and 20/30 in my right. This is the best I have ever seen in my life. I am pleased with the outcome of the surgery but this doctor needs to explain to his patients what he is will be doing to their eyes before he just starts performing the procedure. I was already nervous and afraid for anyone to be near my eyes and he just started the procedure without walking me through what was about to happen. He got a bid rude with me and told me that if I would look straight ahead and stop looking at him he could get the tool in my eye. I am thankful for the nurse that was there to hold my hand during this.

|  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

I had an incredible experience having my LASIK procedure done with Dr. Goosey at Houston Eye Associates. I could not have asked for a more attentive and caring staff everyone made me feel relaxed and at ease through the entire process. When I met Dr. Goosey, he shook my hand, introduced himself, chatted with me and laughed when I made jokes. The rest of the staff was extremely pleasant and energetic and went above and beyond to talk me through every step of the process. I was able to schedule my procedure 6 days after my consultation! When I experience a minor issue with one eye, I was given Dr. Gooseys cell phone number and told that he wanted me to call him on the weekend, regardless of whether I was experiencing further issues or not because he genuinely cared about how I was doing. Despite the fact that they perform dozens of LASIK procedures every week, everyone was still thrilled for me when I had the procedure and saw 20/20 for the first time again because the people in this office really care about their patients.

|  the best in his fieldthe  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr goosey is the best in I won't trust anyone else. Two transplants later I am a new person, its like a miracle.