Dr. John Goutos MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 11th, 2016
Great Doctor
A great doctor and a very nice person.

April 4th, 2016
Awful experience, misdiagnosed TWICE and lied to
Referred to by the receptionists at North Shore LIJ/Northwell infectious disease dept who refuse appointments for possible Lyme disease. This man has no infectious disease experience from what I looked for so its a terrible and odd referral for a hospital to make but I was desperate for a dr to help. He works at multiple locations/medical facilities. After exam for Lyme disease, "he asked what can I do for you". I said I wanted 6 weeks of doxycycline. After 1 week, I went back for blood work. It took 2 weeks to get results since he's at that location only 1 day a week! He lied to me and claimed that I had relapse of an old Epstein Barr virus infection and said to take B12 and Folic Acid. My health deteriorated. A previous dr visit who also failed to receive or respond to a test came back with a bacterial infection. I called him to see if I should do or take anything. He called back and said I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and there's nothing he could do. It happens to people my age. Then hung up on me! That was his 2nd misdiagnosis. I've had chronic Lyme symptoms for years now. Not only did he not care but he had 2 med students with him that he may have trained to also give bad medical opinions and ignore patients concerns. He's old and acts like he knows a lot but what he doesn't know, could cost you your health. He should retire rather than lie to patients suffering with terrible ailments and preventable disease if he only took the time to treat and care.

March 15th, 2016
Dr. Goutos is an excellent provider, he takes the time to answer all question and explains the issue as well as the treatment options. A true professional.

January 2nd, 2012