Dr. John Grechus Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Grechus?

March 4th, 2012

True Discomfort

I was a patient of Dr Greshus's during my second pregnancy. My original Dr up and quit so I had to move over to him at 30wks. I felt like Dr. Greshus did not listen to me. He gave me antibiotics when they were not necessary. He put off my labor for his vacation. I was truly thankful that his staff member, Dr. Carron was there for my labor (because he was on vacation.) I really liked her and feel like she was helpful and knowledgeable. I was a medic in the Army and Dr. Greshus could never make me feel like he was sure of what he was talking about. Also, I had a true concern on one of mu nipples. I pulled it out and showed him (something that I would not do without true concern,) and he refused to look at it closely or touch it to see what I was really saying. I am still looking for a good obgyn, I go to my physician for my birth control because I refuse to go back, wait that long for my appointment, and then be shown no real concern.

May 2nd, 2011

Happy

I recently started seeing Dr. Grechus after my doctor quit. And I am very satisfied with him and his nursing staff. I enjoyed seeing them at each visit and they were more than willing to sit and talk with me about my problems.

January 28th, 2010

I had been on birth control pills for many years (10 plus)when I suddendly experienced 2 periods in the same month. When this second period had gone on for two weeks straight with no let up in flow I got concerned and called my GYN. To make this as short as possible, over the next 8 months he changed my pills, did biopsys, ran tests, said a D&C would NOT help, then later said that I needed a D&C. All throughout all of this said that I was going through menopause and basically had to "live with it". By this point I was having a period last 28 days out of every month and I didn't care what I was, I just wanted it to stop because I knew it wasn't normal. I finally found another GYN in a larger town to get a second opinion. He found fibroids right away and told me my options. Because I was done having children I decided on getting my uterus removed. I have never regretted it and this "second opinion doctor" has been my GYN every since. I trust his opinion and his bedside manner is great. My advice, trust your gut and never be afraid to see another doctor.

January 6th, 2010

ALmost killed me....

All I can say about this "doctor" is that if you decide to put your life in his hands, than you may only have about a 25% chance of surviving it. I used him for my OB when I was pregnant with my first daughter and I very rarely saw him when I went to visits, usually it was the Nurse that saw me. When he did actually show up, he was in a hurry and practically standing half-way out the door when he spoke to me. I got pregnant again when my daughter was almost a year old and had some bleeding and cramping so the first person I called was him since he already had my history on file, even though I did not plan to use him for my regular OB. When I went to him he told me that I was miscarrying (this was without an ultrasound or internal exam, this was with me just sitting there telling him my symptoms). So naturally I was EXTREMELY upset and then he told me that I would probably need a DNC(scraping of the cervix to remove an unhealthy pregnancy) in order to get it over sooner than later. I was upset, but eventually agreed since the pain and bleeding I was having was so severe that I couldn't imagine it being a viable pregnancy. So 2 days later I had the DNC performed. It was an outpatient procedure and only took a few hours from the time I got there to the time they let me leave. I felt better for about a week, then one night around 9pm I kept feeling a HORRIBLE pain in my abdomen and it got worse by the minute. It was So severe that I had to get my mother out of bed to take me to the ER. I was screaming in agony by the time I got there and when they did an X-ray, it turned out that I was having an ectopic pregnancy that had burst and I was literally bleeding to death internally. Now, take into account that when I had the DNC performed, he also did a laparoscopic(camera inserted into abdomen right below the naval) test that supposedly showed him that I was NOT having an ectopic. Well, he was SO very wrong. He was probably too busy to catch it with the 50plus patients he saw a day to look as thoroughly as he needed to. So after I was transferred to another hospital for an emergency surgery, I survived. But only barely. They told me if I had waited another hour or two, that I would have bled to death internally. My daughter was about to turn a year old, she almost lost her mom over a mistake that should have been caught by a "doctor" that was too busy to pay attention to the signs. DO NOT use this doctor if you value your life. Since then I have heard many other stories about his inaccuracy in diagnosing a patient with certain symptoms and he jumps the gun to perform DNC's when he doesn't really know the cause of the issue, he is just too busy to look further into it and wants to gain money from the simple procedures he performs. We are not lab rats, do not let him treat you this way!!!! If you have had an issue like this with him as well, please tell your story because he is still out there doing this to others who may not be as lucky as I was to survive. Thank you for listening to my story, and beware of this "doctor".

February 17th, 2017