inactive

John J Greisman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 26th, 2013
Put me down as a fan
He is emotionally involved with his patient's well being and gives generously of his time. Some of the behavior discussed in other reviews may be misunderstandings. People are not used to a Doctor who cares as much as he does. He convinced me to not get a prostatectomy when two other docs recommended it. It was the right decision.

February 18th, 2012
My favorite doctor for "sensitive" problems
A real Mensch in every sense of the word. Let's face it, no one likes to go to a urologist. Yet, Dr. Greisman helps you face the embarrassing uncontrollable dribbles, the prostate pains, the swollen testicles, with a sense of humor, honor and professionalism. He's the only doctor I've seen attend a sonogram session to find the true cause of a problem (in my case, swollen testicles). Even the sonogram technician was impressed, as she had never seen a doctor attend a sonogram before.He's also a real human being who took the time to help me find the best primary physician when my current doctor left the Scripps system.He cares about his patients, in an area of our anatomy most of us don't want to think about, or deal with. Yet, he's the one who will be there to save your life should there be something life-threatening in that area to deal with.If you have a problem with your plumbing, Dr. Greisman is a caring doctor who I'd recommend to anyone. But please remember to call in the afternoon as he's usually working in surgery during the morning hours.

November 23rd, 2011
Extremely happy with Dr. Greisman
I started having serious prostrate problems - Dr. Greisman saw me immediately and two different times totally took care of my issues - and I did not have ins. at the time, and he gave me a substantial discount - twice! Then, I did get ins. (Kaiser, not with Dr. Greisman, unfortunately), and through a biopsy learned that I had intermediate prostrate cancer. After visiting with several Kaiser specialists, and researching A LOT, I call Dr. Greisman and asked for a visit to go over the plan I thought would be best for me. He spent an hour with me, and together we mapped out the best medical approach for me to take with my intermediate prostrate cancer. I have 100% found him to be straight talking (I like this, but I can see how some may be put-off -BUT, isn't a straight-talking Dr. who you want when you have cancer?) He is very knowledgeable, and I found him and his staff to be kind, courteous and very caring.

May 30th, 2011
Incredibly kind and knowledgeable and well-trained. He is extremely professional yet totally friendly and humane. He communicated well and his staff is cheerful, helpful, and optimistic.

October 23rd, 2010
Worst Dr. Ever
Dr. Greisman is by far the worst and rudest Dr. I have ever encountered. He is an extremely nasty human being and should be avoided at all costs. If you have an option to use someone else, please do it and save yourself the time having to deal with this ogre.

March 4th, 2009
Very STRANGE behavior... Out of Control!
Dr. Greisman is a very strange little man with a very condescending attitude and is virtually inept at dealing with stressful situations. His disdain for HMO patients (like myself) was made clear from the start. My wife and I chose to walk out of his office rather than listen to his ranting assertion that I had verbally abused his assistant regarding her inability to obtain the results of a recent CT scan prior to my appointment. It should be noted that I was annoyed by her lack of attention, but at no time did I express 'anger' or raise my voice to her. This man (Dr.Greisman) was so out of control that he would absolutely NOT let me explain my side of the story. He just kept insisting that he would NOT tolerate abuse of his staff. In all fairness, I do believe that he is a competent physician. I would just caution anyone who has to deal with this quirky little guy to be prepared. He is obviously a troubled character!

October 23rd, 2008
SHOCKED!
Staff is rude, discourteous, and unhelpful. gave my wife a dose of valium that left her slumped over in a chair while she was half-naked and half sitting on a chair. NOBODY WAS SUPERVISING HER! Had she fallen off of the chair, she would have cracked her head open on the floor. I asked if he had a wheel chair so I could get my drugged up, immobile wife to the car. He said no. Someone offered her a drink of water. He said no. He wanted her to get to the car. Let's put it this way, I'm writing him a letter of complaint and sending a copy to the OB-GYN who referred my wife to him and to the California Medical Board.

March 31st, 2008
Best Doctor in the World
OK,maybe a bit exaggerated - but he is a terrific doctor. Very competent and caring.