A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Gwin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Gwin, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Gwin, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Genetic Counseling
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Gwin graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Gwin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital
- Parkridge Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gwin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Health One Alliance - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John L. Gwin practice?
Dr. John Gwin practices Surgery near Chattanooga, TN.
See Chattanooga Surgeons.