Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Outstanding Experience  |  show details
by Bill Henry on Aug 5th, 2013

Dr. Gwin was knowledgeable and skillful. He worked with my urologist so that they were able to complete three surgical procedures at one time. My surgery was simple umbilical hernia repair and everything went well.

|  Would go back if staff wasnt so clueless...  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gwin for almost 7 years. He has had a change of staff and they went from being an efficient, caring, well oiled machine to hair twirling girls. I did not receive a call the day before my appt as I always have. I had a biopsy and had to call three times before I was given results. When people are dealing with cancer you should have people who genuinely care...not just working for a paycheck.

Aug 2nd, 2012

I would not recommend him for hernia repair. I had surgery Feb. 2011 and in less than three months it was back. When I went to him to ask him if I had a nother hernia, all he did was feel of my stomach and say it was another hernia. With that he got up and left the room! I sat there waiting on him to return and his nurse came in the room and told me he was finished seeing me. I then went to another doctor in August. The hernia had gotten to be very large by this time. The other doctor suggested I have surgery right away. I had it in October. This doctor that I went to doubled the mesh rather than just on one side. He fixed my problem. I canceled my appointment with Dr. Gwin that was scheduled in December. When I told the office what had happened they seemed to me that they could of cared less. He is NOT a good hernia physician. I will never recommend him to anyone and I certainly will not return to his office.

|  Dr. Gwin is an excellent surgeon and caring individual  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Last year I had surgery for cancer performed by Dr. Gwin. I have wonderful range of motion and minimal scarring. He truly cares about his patients and has spent time answering all my questions. He treats me like a friend, and directly answers questions at my level of comprehension of medical terms and procedures.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Gwin as a referral from my OB/Gyn for a breast cancer concern. Dr. Gwin's office called me to set up the appointment, got me in the next day, and brought me back to an exam room as soon as I walked through the door. They stated that they did this because they knew that I as was scared, and they wanted to address my concerns as quickly as possible. Dr. Gwin was courteous, professional, and very easy to talk to. His staff waited until my exam was over to have me fill out the necessary paperwork. Overall, considering the nature of the meeting, I could not have been more pleased with how the process went!

|  Worse Doctor I've ever seen  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2010

I was referred to this doctor after my chemotherapy for followup since he was a surgical onocologist. This man did biopsys on me every 3 months causing more scar tissue to develop. he then sched me for a "biopsy" that he said needed to be done in the hosp and when he came in to speak with me at my schedule appt time, he saw a female friend of his that was scheduled for him 2 hrs after my scheduled time. He took her ahead of me and told me I could wait. I developed Staff infection after the last biopsy he did on my in his office and he refused to see me or call me until i was driven to his office at the hosp and my spouse demanded that he see me. I had to wait 2 hrs for him to see me, i had a 104 degree temp, lethargic, listless and almost comatose, he told my spouse he didn't think there was anything wrong with me, but he would admit me to the hosp. which he did and promply left town for the holidays.Never checked on me or anything. needless to say I never went back to him and never will. I ended up with so much volume loss due to his "necessary" biopsy's and a hole that did not heal that my breast sparing lumpectomy went bad and i ended up having to have a masectomy, STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

Apr 15th, 2010

needs to be more friendly

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2009

Dr. Gwin performed several surgeries on me. He was always very conscientious and thorough in diagnosing and treating my condition. I found him to be courteous, professional and willing to explain anything I asked him to. His staff is caring, helpful and competent. I would highly recommend Dr. Gwin to anyone looking for a good, trustworthy surgeon.

by A. Marsh on Jan 23rd, 2009

I have seen Dr. Gwin on numerous occasions and I think he and his staff are the absolute best. They are caring and compassionate. They return calls promptly and will work with you on appointments or problems.

|  Very Caring  |  show details
by Debra Hayes on Jun 4th, 2008

My Mom was in the hospital for 92 days back in 2006. Dr. Gwin was very caring and would come a check on her all hours of the day and night. He performed several surgeries on her and was very good to explain everything he was doing. Dr. Gwin's staff has to be the very best in Chattanooga. I would let him do surgery on me or anyone in my family. I highly recommend this Doctor to anyone.