Dr. John Alexander MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 3rd, 2017
STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUTCHER
Keep clear of his office and his hospital if you want to stay healthy!!!

May 22nd, 2017
STAY AWAY FROM THIS DR AND HIS HOSPITAL-FIRST BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER
This doctor and his staff are nothing but liars. From the receptionists to the insurance handlers. Nurses and doctor included. He supposedly did my surgery over 5 months ago. Im still vomiting on a daily basis, still cant eat solids and have lost over 50 lbs. I look HORRIBLE!! I ended up with a staff infection while I was in the hospital. But, they paid it no mind. Got sent home and right back in the ER and hospitalized for another week. I was given overdose of medications......too much to list. But with whatvibe given you, you need to turn back and seek another doctor. They do lie about the insurance. Talk with your insurance company BEFORE allowing any doctor to touch you. You could end up with a $240,000 unpaid medical bill like me.

April 26th, 2016
Beware you will end up paying more money then quoted. I was asked for a bunch of money up front and now it's never ending. Was told dr was in network w my insurance company turned out he's not nor anyone he uses. Dr was friendly and knowledgeable his billing sept sucks and can't get their stories straight!!

November 12th, 2015
Unsanitary, terrible surgeon
Most unsanitary, untimely, uncaring Dr. I've ever been around. Has not a care in the world about you- you see him once and never again. 2+ hr wait for appts. Terrible- I wouldn't trust him to remove a mole.

October 27th, 2015
Don't believe the negative reviews
I read the other reviews and want to add more details to my review. I traveled from Oklahoma to see Dr. Alexander. I arrived 3 hours earlier than they expected. The Staff AND Dr. Alexander did everything they could to accomate my early arrival. I think I waited a maximum of 20 minutes to see Dr. Alexander. Everyone went out of there way to do all they could for me, so my trips back prior to my surgery day would be as few as possible. I am very impressed with everyone in this office and Dr. Alexander. I just cannot imagine why anyone would have a negative comment to make.

October 21st, 2015
Great experience!
Everyone in the office, including Dr. Alexander are amazing! I'm so glad I found him.

September 16th, 2015
Very little information shared. Zero nutrition counseling and never saw the doctor again after surgery. Awful experience. Was very confusing, did not care about pain management. They only care about ensuring you hit a quota for weight loss. Was made to follow a clear liquid diet for 8 weeks. It was very difficult and the lack of protein was not good.

June 27th, 2015
Nice doctor
I was reading reviews,people sure do lie on these doctors ?Dr Alexander is one of the nicest doctors you will ever meet and yes he does ALOT he also removed my gallbladder and told me about all the cysts I have

March 24th, 2015
best weight loss doctor in Dallas,Texas
I would definitely choose this doctor again and I recommend him to anyone that asks how I lost so much weight.I went to Mexico to get a lap band (was not good for follow ups) Dr.Alexander is the best revision doctor if you are considering a revision or having issues from work done in another country Dr.Alexander ,his staff the hospital everyone is just awesome,please see Dr.Alexander I started at 240pounds and got to 120 pounds nothing tastes as good as wearing a size 5!!!!! I don't know what else to say overall he is just "the best".

July 13th, 2014
The worst Dr. I have ever visited.
He does a lot more than weight loss surgery. Took out my appendix after waiting15 hours of agonizing pain. Even other Doctors told my very upset husband on the phone to leave his hospital and go get REAL help elsewhere. Bedside manner was the worst, follow up was days later while I was still in the hospital. I got a Staff infection from the surgery. Have a 7 inch vertical scar from what should have been a routine procedure. I have been told he waited at least 12 hours to long to perform the initial surgery, thus making the whole appendicmy much worse. I ended back in the hospital for the staff infection which was as bad a the original surgery. Bottom line DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR TO CLEAN THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS! Overall rating would be a negative 5. I can no longer wear a batingsuit because of his inferior lack of skill.

June 4th, 2013
Worst thing is the wait...
The doctor and his staff are very competent, friendly and courteous. The only problem is that when you have an appointment with the doctor, get ready to wait. My longest wait has been 2:00hrs the best has been 1:00hr. As completely unacceptable as that is I'm a bit stuck, since my procedure is done. I also wish they would have been more fourth comming with general information ie. diet to follow and things to expect. They tell you you can call anytime but I'd like to have reading materials. Maybe not giving you reading materials forces you to make more office appointments...

January 25th, 2013
Dr Alexander gave me my life back
After having my surgery done I am no longer a diabetic I went from having two shots a day to not having to take any medications and I'm no longer a diabetic. I've also lost forty one pounds in six short weeks. Thank You Dr Alexander for giving me my life back.