Dr. John Davidson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 2nd, 2016
Dr. Davidson is top notch
Doctor Davidson has a very dry wit, which is something I ready appreciated. I've seen him several times and he has given me al the time I needed, answered all my questions, and made some wonderful suggestions to get me back on the road to recovery. He's very knowledgeable and really understand and cares. Top notch physician. I'm truly happy to have him as my internist.

October 20th, 2015
I thought Dr. Davidson gave me great advice for my physical well being, as well as spiritual, mental and emotional well being. I would recommend Dr. Davidson.

December 14th, 2013
Assumes you are lying about your condition, does not take responsibility for his oversites. Not sure why he is even in practice, doesn't seem interested in anything that deals with your problem...

August 5th, 2013
Egotistical, RUDE & ARROGANT
Dr Davidson, in acquiring medical...so to speak background, treated me as if I was being questioned for a crime, instead of questions as to why I was there for help!. He already had my diagnosis decided before I ever met him as my paperwork proceeded me. What I actually needed was a specialist in Nematode & Parasite problems. He ASSUMED I was there for itching ONLY & was turned over to a dermatologist. This was NO BETTER...there were NO TESTS run...no microscopic views of small partial problem, he reported to Davidson as delusional???????? Then Davidson was DETERMINED I am delusional!! I have no idea how anyone can determine that without first of all PROVING their diagnosis with tests run!! He is also a past psychiatrist, then went into internal med. He was Headstrong and it was his way or the highway...he was a pathetic listener, his exam of me was one any non medical person could have performed and maybe lasted 5 to 7 minutes. I have been ill since Dec. 2008, and was so excited to finally go to Mayo Clinic. I have NO Complaints against Mayo Clinic except for the fact that they had a meeting about my complaints AFTER I was back home....I SHOULD have been in attendance of the meeting as well!! My cousin traveled with me there at my great expense for the 2 of us, and her views of him are exactly same as mine. Any time I went into see a doctor she was right there with me. He did not allow her on initial visit, but she was allowed on Final. I feel I can diagnose him much better than he can diagnose me! He needs some professional counseling & I even suggested the book "How to Win Friends & Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. He was insulted and said that was mean. He even asked my cousin if she thought that mean...her answer was an emphatic NO. The reason I suggested the book was because of his POOR bedside manner. It would have broke his face to smile! I thought Mayo Clinic was the masters of illnesses and they well may be but Dr. John Davidson needs to be retired. He also does not tell the truth or has a poor memory about what was and was not said by him. He dismissed me by telling me he had sick patients in the waiting room waiting to see him as if he was doing my work pro bono. I cannot begin to explain what a HORRIBLE experience he was. I so wanted to report him to Medicare, but did not, so wish I had. I have to say ALL OTHER Mayo experiences, except for the dermatologist, were excellent. I will NEVER go to MAYO again! They, patient affairs, do not take care of complaints about doctors and definitely take their word over the patients. I could just about write a book on this awful nightmare of a doctor experience but will drop it here!!

June 19th, 2012
grannybaker
Dr. Davidson is a wonderful doctor. He took time to completly assess my health and took the time to explain all of his findings to me. He is a very caring man. I feel blessed that I found a doctor of this caliber.

May 16th, 2012
During the initial exam, I was asked numerous questions as was expected for him to try to help find a diagnosis. I however felt very uncomfortable with his bedside manner after questions and comments he made that I felt had nothing to do with why I was seeing him. Doctors are supposed to have an unbiased opinion and I felt as though I was being judged and put on trial with some of the questions asked. He was not easy to talk to. I came to Mayo with a glimmer of hope that maybe someone could help me but I felt as though he thought I was a nuisance rather then showing care & concern.