John H Ellis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 2 reviews

February 22nd, 2016
Amazing doctor! Helped restore my hearts health with great service!

June 24th, 2013
A Night in the House of Pain
After dismissing my concerns about putting a tube through my groin, because of severe chronic neuropathic pain in that area, and telling me it would be "just a small needle", Dr. Ellis put me through the torturous procedure of a cardiac catheterization, putting two stents in my lower left artery. After the procdure I was in intense pain and needed an emergency shot of morphine which provided only slight relief. By the time I got to my room I was in a lot of pain but my nurse promised that she was going to be coming in periodically to administer an IV that would keep me pain free through the night. She then left and came back to tell me that Dr Ellis did had left without prescribing anything for my pain. The nurse, God bless her, did the best she could and got in touch with my GP who could only prescribe the vicodin every 4 hours that I take routinely for my chronic groin pain. But at least that took the edge off somewhat, along with an ambien around midnight but not enough to allow me to sleep. I want to say that what helped me get through this ordeal was the fantastic nursing staff at General Hospital. The compassion of these very attentive and knowledgable folks is almost palpable and provided a palliative effect on my pain. When I saw Dr Ellis, briefly the following day, he made no mention, much less an apology, for his oversight that caused me a night of terrible discomfort. The reason I give him a single star is because it is the lowest possible rating. I have made an appointment with another doctor but I had decided that if I got chest pain again I would not go to the ER until I had established a new cardiologist, preferring a meeting with Jesus to another encounter with Dr Ellis.