inactive

• Pediatrics Los Gatos, CA

3.4

September 14th, 2015
Total Hoax
This doctor is nothing but a money hungry hoax. My son suffers from Autism and after several years of intestinal issues I let my in laws convince me to try him, (they paid). After "diagnosing" my son over the phone, he went on to prescribe 17 different supplements and an extreme version of the GFCF diet. The 1st day on the supplements I received a call from his school about some disturbing behavior. I called the doctor and he said to back off on 1 of them, for then. 7 months, 2 very expensive phone calls later, no change for the better. He actually got worse. As soon as I quit this doctor, he quit calling. Never even checked up on my son at all. About 1 year later my son wound up in the hospital. When going over his history, I was told the diet and supplements actually contributed to his health issues. We spent 10 days in the hospital. My in laws spent thousands. My suggestion is to never trust this doctor with the health of your child. You'll regret it.

January 4th, 2014
huge financial drain and not helpful
Saw him for depression hoping to find an alternative to medication. He prescribed at least ten very expensive supplements on sale at his office. (Of which you can get cheaper versions at Walgreens!) It sounds like I"m exaggerating the number of supplements, but I'm truly not. I went back for a second appointment because I was desperate, and he suggested I take even more supplements. It was a huge financial drain and did not help. Don't go here. Some alternative medicine can be helpful, and there are helpful supplements. But you don't need to take 20 at once, and you can buy them cheaply at Walgreens or Walmart

June 15th, 2012
Saved my young son from needing anxiety meds
My young son had extreme anxiety and ADD. His anxiety was getting worse over time and while I was determined not to put a young child on anti-anxiety pharmaceuticals, I didn't know what else to do. With 48 hours of starting the supplements recommended by Dr. Hicks, my son was so much calmer and able to verbalize many of the things causing him anxiety. Now, five months later, he is doing better than ever and, thanks to the dietary changes suggested he is actually healing and we have been able to lower the dosage of some of the supplements.I highly recommend Dr. Hicks for help with any chronic issue.

February 21st, 2012
Asthma No More
I took my 2 year old with history of asthma, pneumonia, as well as behavior and speech disorders to see Dr. Hicks. After extensive testing and blood work, we learned he had food allergies. Not only has my son's asthma cleared up, but his speech and behavior disorders are gone. He was even discharged from speech therapy. In less than six months of Gluten-free diet (and other food allergy-free diet), My son is thriving and the picture of health. The cost can add up, but his staff is conscientious about letting you know your options and how to get as many 'covered' test at a local lab. Genova diagnostics was mentioned above, but they are an independent lab that offers exceptional service and they work with insurance as best they can. I would rather spend a few hundred dollars here and there to restore health than throw thousands away to get sicker. Thank you Dr. Hicks for restoring my son's health and my sanity. I no longer worry every time my son gets a minor cold. Before Dr. Hicks his colds exasperate his asthma and they would quickly turn to bronchitis or pneumonia. Now when he gets a cold (IF) he is over it in two or three days with no complications. Thank you Dr. Hicks for restoring my son's health and my sanity.

August 2nd, 2010
My family met Dr. Hicks and his staff more than five years ago. At the time, both of our twins with autism were quite ill with diarrhea, food allergies, speech delays, immune system problems, heavy metal toxicity, and other numerous issues. Within a few weeks of faithfully following his protocol, our son started sleeping through the night. Anxiety lessened, diarrhea ceased, their guts healed, and most of all, they began to finally feel comfortable to learn more at school. The changes in our kids are amazing and we look to Dr. Hicks for any chronic issue, as he treats the root cause instead of medicating it. After our kids' health improved so much, my husband and I also sought his expertise with our own health issues. My husband's gastrointestinal problems are now a thing of the past! I have recommended Dr. Hicks to many, many others and consider him an excellent doctor. He listened when so many others did not. We do not regret spending our time or money with Dr. Hicks. He's a fantastic healer and I do not hesitate to give him the highest recommendation!

July 30th, 2010
Unbelievable Doctor and Treatment
When I met Dr. Hicks 7 years ago, I suffered with extreme migraine headaches, constipation, depression, anxiety, vertigo, and could not sleep. He began treating my daughter for her oral/verbal appraxia but when I saw the quick progress she made, I made an appointment with him for myself. Within 3 months I stopped taking my 5 medications cold turkey and had no side affects. My migraines were gone in less than a year, my anxiety was reduced and my constipation was under control. All of my ailments seemed to disappear. Within a year's time of his treatment protocal (which included GFCF diet, food rotation, periodic testing, and supplements as needed) I became a well person with a new mental attitude. Seven years later I enjoy whatever foods I want and only take minimal supplements. My daughter has lost her diagnosis and is enjoying her thriving life. I call him only when I have set backs or as I like to think of them now opportunities for further healing. He has been and continues to always be there to help.What I appreciate the most from him is his patience to listen to my complaints, ailments, fears, and pretty much anything. He heard everything I said and treated me. He was the only specialist who really heard my concern about my daughter's diagnosis. He took me seriously and treated her. Without his intervention, many therapists have told me she would not have made the incredible progress she has made. He was also very open to working as a team with our regular pediatrician which helped us in the long-term.When finances were tough, he helped me with strategies to still achieve wellness while making it affordable. I have shared my story with many people but the one I will always remember is from my aunt. When I told her about Dr. Hicks and the work he did for many children she said, "he is doing God's work." I believe God uses him to help heal us. He has an incredible gift to listen, connect and help educate his patients in the direction of wellness. He is forever seeking understanding and peace to bring to his patience. He is a true healer. He will forever be in my heart, I am enjoying wellness for the first time in many years. Thank you Dr. Hicks.

July 29th, 2010
The Very Best Doctor In The World- Truly The Best!
I have been a patient of Dr. John Hicks for 5 1/2 years. I am very upset that someone would write these terrible things that are so not true about him. I was on my death bed and saw 10 top specialist and Dr. Hicks is the only Doctor that could really figure out what was truly going on with me. My liver was failing and I was headed for MS or Lupus and had two miscarriages back to back. I also was allergic to so many foods. I was a brand new person in a month and half after being on his program. It has been 5 1/2 years later and a beautiful baby girl who is now 4 1/2. My husband and all my children see Dr. Hicks now. He has truly helped my son with Dyslexia and allergies and my daughter with attention issues, auto immune, allergies, and chemical imbalances. He has helped my husbands health overall and chronic fatigue. He lost 30 lbs and looks great. I am forever grateful. It is funny what the person on this site said about the money. Dr. Hicks treats the patient not the symptom. I believe everyone knows that the insurance companies don't like preventative medicine. I have never had a problem filing though. Yes, tests cost money and I truly understand but I believe you pay now or you pay later. I thank God that we figured out now and I am forever grateful to Dr. John Hicks.Just another note his office (Betsy, Beth, Amy and all the people working for him are awesome!) This is the most professional office. I have had many many friends see him (one with MS) and she has no symptoms of MS now. She is just one of many that thanks God for this wonderful doctor. Thank you Doctor Hicks for being such an incredible person and doctor so I can now be a healthy wife and mom for my children!

July 6th, 2010
Wonderful Clinic!
Dr. Hicks and Beth really care about the patient, you can tell they actually listen to your problems and symptoms and will work with you to find the root cause. For me I did a nutritional body balance and they guided me with what supplements my body needed, they also gave wonderful advice on what foods are right for me etc. Its been a few months and i never felt better, I go back every couple months to do follow ups and I finally feel like myself! Cost was not to bad, you figure you spend that much on 5 minutes with your normal doctor, and here you can get that for a half an hour! Worth every penny!

October 27th, 2009
VERY, VERY expensive and didn't come close to fixing problem
He prescribed many medicines and vitamins that weren't prescription were $400 a month and when i questioned how long my husband would have to take them, he said they'd do a test on his feet that was "really cool" to determine which you'd have to keep taking and then he added $200 more worth of things he sold as a "Young Living" distributor. If it had worked, I wouldn't have minded but everything he did was useless. He only cares about making money, not about you. He ordered blood tests for $1000 and $600 for another test and then when they returned he hardly mentioned anything about one and insisted he already talked about the other when he hadn't. Oddly enough you have to pay some to send the test in to Geneva Diagnostics and then they bill your insurance company $900 more and if the insurance company pays, they're happy. If they don't, they drop the charge. My insurance company which has never denied anything before wouldn't even pay his office visits. They said his Doctor's notes were illegible and vague (all 10 words he wrote down for several visits) and didn't indicate medical necessity. My husband was very sick when he went there. There was plenty that he could've written. His office personnel (since he personally avoids talking to people who are dissatisfied) said they would write a letter if I paid them more money. This guy is the Bernie Madoff of medicine. He wants all the money you're willing to give him but he doesn't care if his treatments work or not. Everything about this guy is a red flag. Do yourself a favor and stay away. He is the most disrespectful Doctor? I have ever met towards your money.