Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Marks Saved my Butt show details Dr. Marks Saved my Butt
by George Jester on Aug 4th, 2015

He not only saved my Butt, but he also saved my life. If you have been diagnosed with Colon or Colorectal Cancer, this is the guy you should go to see. He is second to none!

Jul 27th, 2015

Dr. Marks is brilliant. He is very personable and makes the uncomfortable appointments go by easily. Dr. Marks saved my life. I will forever sing his praises.

by Amy S on Jul 6th, 2015

There is not a better doctor around. Dr. Marks is the only doctor I would ever let operate on me. Knowledgable, friendly, kind, straight forward, caring. When I had my third child (at his hospital in case there were abdominal complications) he was in the operating room with my high risk obgyn to ensure that all of the intestinal parts of the surgery were handled by him. He opened my belly, cleared the way for the ob to do his job and then after my daughter was delivered Dr. Marks stayed and closed me up. He did not once have a resident do his work. Aside from going above and beyond, he does the regular follow up and yearly check ups better than any doctor. THE BEST!!

by Helena Yaeger on May 7th, 2015

One step below Mr. GOD! Couldn't find a better surgeon, with knowledge, expertise and bedside manners if you tried! Beyond excellent! A

Apr 15th, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. John Marks.

Mar 26th, 2015

If you want a friendly, warm, cozy doctor, Dr Marks is not the one for you. If you require a doctor with extreme expertise, and dedication to his work and your surgery recovery, Dr Marks is the one. When I went in for diverticulitis surgery, this doc was not satisfied that my colon was good, did an exploritory and saved my life. I'll stand behind Dr. Marks, anytime.

Dec 19th, 2014

Phenomenal surgeon. Saved my life

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
by AlB on Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Marks saved my life. He convinced me to get a colonoscopy and colon cancer was found. Patients always come first with Dr. Marks. The wait is sometimes long if he has an emergency. But i don't mind waiting. He is a brilliant doctor and very skilled.

Sep 5th, 2011

Dr. Marks has excellent surgical skills and I am so grateful for all that he has done for me. He is kind, to the point and does not over promise but totally overdelivers. When I was diagnosed with colon rectal cancer with the tumor being in a very difficult location, my son who is a medical rep and has watched Dr. Marks operate, supported that I make an appointment to see him. My son expressed his admiration for the time and skills that Dr. Marks takes with a patient to make sure that the operation is a success.While in the hospital and after the operation, Dr. Marks and his team followed up on my progress and showed genuine care and concern for my recovery. I have complete trust and very grateful to this gifted surgeon.

Pain is not an issue show details Pain is not an issue
by Lori Andrews on Jan 25th, 2010

I had a reconstructive surgery to my sphynctor by Dr. John Marks in 2007. The possibility of chronic pain was never mentioned. A second surgery was done by Dr. John Marks in 2008. The pain was not eleveated at all. I never got a call back after the second surgery and my follow-up appointment was cancelled and never rescheduled. I continue to be in severe pain in my private area on a daily basis. I am extremely frustrated by this and feel something should be done so that it never happens again!

Jun 23rd, 2009

He saved my son's life!

by KS on May 6th, 2009

Dr. John Marks is an excellent physician who I would trust with my life! I am a registered nurse and he has cared for me during the past 5 years. I have required hospitalization twice during that time for partial bowel obstructions and he patiently treated me with fluids and antibiotics and never pushed to operate (unlike many surgeons!). I recovered fully and am so grateful that he is my doctor.