Dr. John Pickens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Pickens?

Section happy, condescending.

Posted on July 21st, 2015

I was induced unnecessarily due to convenient scheduling for Dr. Pickens. I wasn't favorable for induction but was pressured into it by him and a suspicion of big baby, my baby weighed 8lbs 6oz. I was declared a 'failure to progress' case after 6 hours on pitocin and only 3cm. I had progressed from 0-3 in 6 hours but was still considered 'stalled.' My records indicate there was no sign whatsoever of fetal distress, heart rates of both of us picture perfect. No fever at all. Dr. Pickens wanted to go home for supper. He said 'sooner or later one of you will get tired and stressed and it's not going to be you. You'll end up with a section by some on call doc in the middle of the night or I can do it now. Wouldn't you rather it be in a non-emergent situation? It's so much better for mom and baby that way.' There were no signs of any emergency. I gave in once it was made clear I would be 'stressing my baby,' who was tolerating labor beautifully, if I didn't concede. She was born at 4pm and he was home for supper while I now carried the title of having a 'scarred uterus' which he single layer sutured instead of double layer which would have made me a better candidate for vbac. I did go on to vbac in a 30 hour labor with a baby also weighing 8lbs 6oz and 9s and 10s for apgars. How do you declare someone failure to progress if you haven't even reached active labor by even the most conservative standards of 4cm? I have no doubt he's a skilled physician but I believe he has lost the joy for delivery and lost sight of the importance of childbirth in a woman's life. He should retire to gynecology only and leave the obstetrics and delivery to others who value childbirth and respect a woman's body's capability to deliver vaginally when allowed to do so.

Elivis Pickens a joke among us nurses that i started.

Posted on October 4th, 2013

I love this guy. we all did.I forgot to tell you all. he once worked in lowell general and thats where we got Elvis perfomances. dont let me give you the wrong idea there wasnt a nurse or Pt that didnt love and respect him in every way. I was devastated to learn he had returned home. I was pregnant and he was gone. Im trying to say once dr pickens comes into your life your in the best medical hands and one wonderful all around guy. I hope you see this doc we miss you M.P.3

Posted on April 11th, 2013

Excellent service in every regard. I recommend Dr. Pickens without hesitation

Amazing Doctor!

Posted on November 8th, 2012

He is such a caring doctor! He took wonderful care of me throughout my complicated pregnancy!

wonderful dr.

Posted on June 4th, 2011

dr. pickens is the greatest dr. I have ever had. The kindest and all around great doctor.I would send any one to him.As an R.N who also worked with him i cansay Ive still after twenty some yearshave not seen a dr. as well liked as dr. Pickens.

The Best Doctor At The Ruch clinic

Posted on February 17th, 2011

Excellent bedside manner and great sense of humor!

Posted on May 22nd, 2016