A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Shim:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Shim, Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Shim, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Back Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Neck Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Injections
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Sports Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
Education & Awards
Dr. Shim graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Shim has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Mease Hospital - Dunedin
- Mease Countryside Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John H Shim MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine.
- Where does Dr. John H. Shim practice?
- Dr. John Shim has 1 office location.
Dr. John Shim practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Tampa, FL.
See Tampa Surgeons.