Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 23rd, 2015

Reminded me of Dr. House MD. Nice man. Concerned about his patients. TJF

Jan 5th, 2015

Front staff at Manzano medical is the worst ever!!!! Very rude with no customer service skills. They must hate their job. Smile and put your patients first.

Jan 16th, 2012

The receptionists were rude, never would smile, acted like they were "put out" to even have to talk to me much less assist me with questions or concerns. When I called back to talk to nurse Mary about a refill, she was rude and acted like I did not have a brain when in fact I have had this condition for 47 years. She was supposed to call me back - I never heard from her again (and I called back -still no response).

Pathetic show details Pathetic
Jun 26th, 2010

It's been over six months since I had my first visit with Dr. Sloan. The doctor actually seems ok but, his staff is absolutely terrible. In over 6 months have I have to get scheduled for my required Cortizone injection and EMG. The lady in office keeps scheduling appointments without so much as giving me a phone call to notify me of the time. After nearly 6 months I finally got an appointment at 10:20am. When I arrived at 10:00am they said I had been rescheduled for 2:00pm but I was welcome to wait. I'll never understand why it's so hard to notify the patient of schedules and schedule changes.After six months I'm still in pain and they just don't seem to care at all. I'm looking for another doctor

Does not care about his clinic or his patients. show details Does not care about his clinic or his patients.
by J. J. Lucero on Dec 16th, 2009

John Henry Sloan, MD, MPH never saw me less than 1.5 hours after my appointment time. The staff did not make false excuses for his tardiness. One time after waiting over 2 hours after my appointment time the nurse told me that he left the building to run a personal earn outside the facility and that Dr. Sloan was driving back and would there in 5 minutes. When Dr. Sloan apologized that there was a medical energy. I mentioned that I thought that he left the property to run earns, he looked like a dear caught in the head lights. I was missed diagnosed for over 4 mouths by Dr. Sloan who was unwilling to order an MRI for my shoulder. At the time I was told that I just pulled my Supraspinatus a muscle in my upper back, but the pain was in my shoulder. I did 4 mouths of Physical Therapy at his request and after the 4 mouths of Therapy Dr. Sloan was clearing me ready for physical duty at work even though I was still in pain. After having enough bull, I saw Dr. A. Pachelli who diagnosed that I tore my labrum before reading the medical records from Dr. Sloan. And the MRI I later received conformed the Labral tear and a Bicep tear which Dr. Sloan Missed. The only reason I stayed with Dr. Sloan so long was that it was a work injury and that was the contracted Physician.