inactive

John H Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

September 24th, 2015
Highly recommended
Excellent Doctor! I don't think I have ever been to a physician's office and had a doctor spend so much time explaining things to me. He reminded me of an old school Doctor that would make house calls because he truly cared about his patients.

June 27th, 2015
Great Nurses/Dr is great getting diagnosed
Love the nurses who administer the shots. The Dr was great while getting diagnosed but I havent actually seen him in years.

July 30th, 2014
out of this world !!!!
I too like the previous review had the same experience with Dr Smith he truly loves the profession he is in and loves helping his patients. I am the lucky one that does have allergies so I do get to go to his office, not only is he great his office staff is also nice and caring too. If you are looking for an allergist

November 7th, 2009
Best Doctor! Very thorough and patient!
Let me just say that I have never written a review for anything doctor, restaurant, etc. I just thought that my time is so previous and didnt want to waste it on writing stupid reviews in order to help other people out. But I want to spend the time to write this review because I feel obligated to spread the words, and because Dr. John H Smith is such a great doctor. I had been having a minor skin rash for 4 months and was itching and scratching constantly. I went to see a dermatologist first, and that guy took a quick look at me, gave me a shot in the butt, prescribed me some medicine, and dismissed me in 5 minutes. And of course, I was still itching afterwards. Then I went to see a PCP, and the doctor referred me to Dr. John H Smith. I know I dont have any kind of allergy, but I figured it was worth a try. When I was trying to schedule an appointment with Dr. John H Smith and asked how long the visit will be, the receptionist told me about 1.5 to 2 hours, and said that the doctor likes to spend time and talk to patients during the diagnosis. I definitely thought I heard the time wrong.Two days later, I went to my appointment. The place is definitely not fancy, but simple and clean. They did not have a credit card machine so you have to pay by check or cash. Yes, it was inconvenient. But I was very happy with my visit because Dr. John H Smith was so amazing. Dr. John H Smith is a very kind and has almost 40 years of experience! Of course, because he is old he didnt use a computer and wrote pages and pages of notes when he talked to me. He spent 1 hour and 45 minutes trying to diagnose me because obviously I did not have allergy, and he was asking me all types of questions in order to find a pattern and figure out why I was itching and having rash whether it was due to the environment, my eating habit, my general health, etc. I felt so bad for wasting his time because my visit was taking up such a long time and I was so used to only getting 5 minutes of the doctors time during doctor visits my entire life. Dr. John H Smith was so patient and so thorough. For the first time, I felt appreciated as a patient. What other doctor would spend 1 hour and 45 minutes just trying to diagnose you? You can probably only get that kind of attention from a physician when you are getting a heart transplant. At the end, he suggested that it might be the house dust mice on my beddings or apartment that was causing the itch and rash, and sent me to do some blood work. He actually called me at 9pm on a Thursday night to tell me about my lab result. I could not believe that he was still working! I dont know his age, but he must be 70 years old! Sure enough, the blood test came out positive. I moved to another apartment and my itching went away immediately! I highly recommend Dr. John H Smith. I know it sounds crazy but for a second I almost wanted to have allergy so I can have him as my allergist! He respects his patients, spends time to diagnose his patients, and explains to his patients on what was going on. (He actually did a little explanation on how blood test works during my visit! It was really neat!) But please go visit another doctor if you want a fast-food type service and get in and out of the office as quickly as possible, because with that type of attitude, you wont be showing the respect a good doctor like Dr. John H Smith deserves!

November 7th, 2009