Dr. John Stone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Stone?

April 23rd, 2013

don't bother!

I agree with the other reviews about his ego, and careless. Never calls back or follow up. Everytime I went there, all he did was set up for another appointment and tell me he would contact my other doctor and would get back to me. Never did! not even to refer me to another doctor as he had promissed. He doesn't even deserve 1 star.

March 13th, 2013

awesome

Very impressed with this Doctor. He called us shortly after getting our e-mail and saw us within a week, scheduling us during his lunch so he could see us. Very knowledgable about my husbands rare disease, spent a lot of time with us and helped with a treatment plan as we live in Maine and he's in Mass. Was very thorough in his exam and sat and talked with us a long time. Answered all our questions without making us feel rushed. Pleasant personality as well as friendly staff. Would recommend him in a minute!!!!

January 28th, 2013

Dont waste your time, I have been treated at this office for 3yrs, I have done my best to be patient, but due to incompetence or lack of inter office communication, I am currently btw 6/ 8months behind in treatments, those of you with pain can understand.

April 12th, 2012

Dr. Stone is very caring and took time to answer all of our questions.

April 3rd, 2012

phony, mean spirited, unprofessional

I agree with some of the other comments. I have a very rare serious life threatening Autoimmune disease that I have to be followed very closely by rheumatology. My primary care physician advocated for me by calling this physician. He called me a couple of days before the appt and had a very strange affect on the phone. He was saying how very much he was so looking forward to meeting me. When I saw him he was very animated and seemed phony to me, He did not spend much time with me and very rudely stated that I could just knock the rheumatologist right off my list. I was horrified because I was already diagnosed and it was proven by my symptoms and other physicians that followed me thatI had this very rare disease. I also got worse after I saw this physician proving my diagnosis.

November 12th, 2011

I agree, unethical and untrustworthy

Had a terrible experience with this Doctor. His ego is so big he could diagnose me just by looking at me , not even a physical exam. Run for your life , this man is a bad doctor with a very big ego. Not honest at all.

September 14th, 2011

It may seem melodramatic to say but Dr. Stone gave me back my life. For over thirty years I had suffered periods of debilitating pain, systemic symptoms that no other doctor could pin down. I went to doctor after doctor, had test after test but each doctor concentrated on his/her specialty and so no diagnosis could ever be made. I began to think it was all in my head, as did many of the physicians I consulted, I'm sure. Whatever it was, I became depressed and anxious to the point that I would sit very still waiting to die. Then a friend suggested I see Dr. Stone. She said he would approach my symptoms systemically and she was sure he would help me.When I emailed Dr. Stone my symptoms, he got back to me within ten minutes and I had an appointment a couple days later. Within five minutes, he gave me the diagnosis I had been waiting so many years to hear...fortunately not life-threatening. Then in his very caring, gentle way he sat with me for over an hour, explaining clearly what I could expect, why certain symptoms occurred, and he gave me a plan of attack to deal with them. His knowledge is vast and his ability to convey that in an intelligent yet compassionate manner is manifest. He follows up with me every 6 months, more often if I feel the need. I have followed his advice and have regained my life for which I am greatly indebted to this fine physician.

September 6th, 2011

Insincere, Unethical, Not trust worthy!

Went to see this Doctor and he was animated with the way he spoke to me! Condescending and belittling with his opinion, did not follow through, or follow up! Never scheduled a follow up even though his resident just told me to come back! I had to get treatment at another hospital with urging from All my Doctors! He also told me Not to Speak Directly to him, and he only Speaks to his Resident who was in the room. I couldn't speak! He got rid of me in 5 minutes. The person who drove me was shocked and it appeared so was his Resident in the room, their mouth dropped! The person who drove me thought he was a "Liar" due to his poor animated acting! I have a long history of a lupus illness and noticeably disabled (maybe this mattered in his treatment of me!) He told me he would call me. Never did. I left a urine sample because I felt an infection . He never had it processed, even though he told me he would, obviously was dumped out! I was told Not having a Rheumatologist is very dangerous for me and was urged to get one by my other Doctors! Doctors said "How could he do that?" they were in disbelief that he "got away with it" considering my medical records and history! One called him a name after reading what he wrote in my record! Saying "he doesn't need follow up, he doesn't have Lupus!" I need treatment because it is affecting vital organs and causing hospitalizations and illness I fulfill criteria! He disregarded everything including medical history in 5 min! I was also hospitalized and Dr's in the same department told me that I obviously have an autoimmune disease that looks like lupus, but they weren't going to treat it! They told me they "did not want to be"Liable" for my treatment!" He heads this department and treated me in the same manner only worse! A policy is obviously in place for high risk patients! They would rather me die from disease than treat me because I'm "Complex". Therefore, get rid of me, so they don't have the risk, improves their statistics,I'm sure! But not follow me either?? Unbelievable! My suggestion would be get out of medicine, if you are going to be so insincere to sick disabled people who are vulnerable! Obviously whoever oversee's this department allows this gross misuse of their power and mistreatment of patients! My suggestion would be to get a new Head of Rheumatology, clean house. I have been in Rheumatology for years, but tried to consolidate my care to one hospital. Never treated so poorly! Scary and Sad!

May 18th, 2017