A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Haapaniemi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Haapaniemi is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Haapaniemi graduated from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing.
Dr. Haapaniemi has 11 hospital affiliations:
- St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Haapaniemi accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John R. Haapaniemi practice?
Dr. John Haapaniemi practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Novi, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Pulmonologists, Detroit Critical Care Practitioners, and Detroit Sleep Medicine Doctors.