Dr. John Hackman MD Patient Reviews

August 21st, 2016
BEST DOCTOR I EVERY HAD.

March 19th, 2014
Conflicting Review
Dr. Hackman kept me from a wheelchair. No doubt about it, I would not be working in my garden today if he were not an amazing surgeon. However, his bedside manner is not great and his after care is abysmal. Further, do not question this man about pain meds. At the time I met him, I had only one surgery under my belt, an excruciatingly painful colon surgery by another Montgomery doctor who sent me home with no pain meds at all. I was a very young woman then and did not even know you could ask for such a thing. So, when Dr. Hackman insisted I needed major surgery immediately, I flashed back to those awful weeks after the first surgery and made the huge mistake of asking for his assurance that post surgical pain would be taken care of. Huge mistake on my part. He decided in an instant that I was a drug abuser. Sent me home from surgery with 20 5mg lortab with one refill and then refused to refill it again. I suffered with hot burning pain for over a year and it took another 10 years for it to leave me altogether. I do realize that physicians are bombarded with people who use pain meds like candy, but I was never one of those people. If you don't mind unnecessary suffering, or if pain just doesn't bother you, he is definitely the doctor for you. Brilliant in the OR, not so much otherwise.

February 27th, 2014
He has horrible bedside manners. When my finance was injured in a car accident that left him a quad, Hackman said if he had to choose between living and dying he would choose dying! That was horrible to say to a distraught family!

February 14th, 2014
Best Neurosurgeon
Wouldn't be walking without him! Love Dr. Hackman and his staff!

December 4th, 2012
DID NECK FUSION- ONE YEAR LATER NO PROBLEMS.

October 2nd, 2011
Mr. Sam Barnes
Dr. Hackman expressed the opinion that he could help me with pronounced foot drop. The procedure he performed did not help but actually increased the problem to the extent that I now have no control of my right leg from the knee down. Additionally, I must now walk with a cane or walker as I cannot control the lateral movement of my right hip when I take a step. I was walking when I went into the hospital for the surgery he performed but have not been able to walk properly since. Subsequent second opinions by neurologists say there is nothing that can be done to reactivate the damaged nerves as a result of his surgery. I would not recommend this doctor for surgery.

July 13th, 2011
I found Dr. Hackman to be the best. MY back surgery went well. I followed his instruction. Now I am pain free and back to my life. Thank you Dr. Hackman