Dr. John Halki MD Patient Reviews

3.0

November 9th, 2015
Exceptional treatment, surgery, and care.

October 30th, 2015
he cancelled so many appointments I only saw him once in a 2 month period.

October 29th, 2015
Best choice for Reno/Tahoe/Carson City areas!
Dr. Halki at Carson City Spine is wonderful. Kind, caring and does exceptional work. I know first hand as I have had to have 4 surgeries and each one was a complete success! He used to be in Reno and now has his office in Carson but he is worth driving to no matter how far - your health is worth the extra special attention and outstanding treatment and care he provides. (He will do surgeries at several major hospitals in Carson and Reno, just regular offices are in Carson.)

March 13th, 2015
Not for me
He was good in the beginning, but when he messed me up that was the end, he did not help me afterwards. I will be in pain for he rest of my life and I have gone to three DR and said Ihave to live with it. The surgery did not help me and I am in worst pain then before. His staff is very unfriendly and rude.

November 26th, 2013
BEST ORTHO SURGEON EVER!
Dr Halki not only has the ABSOLUTE BEST bedside manner EVER...He is also a very caring, attentive, thorough surgeon! I've had 13 major surgeries before becoming his patient and he did my 14th surgery just 20 days ago (a 3 level cervical bone fusion with hardware) and not only put me through the least amount of grief before surgery...he's been the only surgeon I've ever had that seems to actually care about how I felt after! Everyday I feel a little better and I know that's because of his work! Not only would I trust him should I ever need another surgery, I would also trust him to do surgery on the people I hold dearest to me! I know that I'll always have a certain level of pain..no Dr is God..but thanks to Dr Halki the quality of my life improves a little everyday and for that I'll always be thankful I was referred to him!!

September 13th, 2013
Lower back surgery with Dr Halki
After the surgery I was in extreme pain. There was nothing he could or would do for me. Now I find out after living with the pain for 4 years he had made the mistake I thought. He put a spacer in L5-S1 and it made all the other lumbar disks above it to bulge out. I'm writing this because I tried to explain to him my theory as to why I was in so much pain and he world listen. He made rude comments to me when I was in the hospital recovering and was always rude after the surgery. Please do your self a favor and find a different surgeon. Now I have to have all my lumbar vertebrae and S1 fused to fix the problem because he had operated in the wrong place.

February 7th, 2013
house wife
he is a very good doctor.he cear for a PT more you konow.. i hope . he is back to hosp.we (y family miss him )

January 30th, 2013
Great Surgeon. Explained the surgery well, made me feel very at ease about doing it. The results have been great! Only thing I didnt care for was after surgery all follow ups were with his assistant and I never got to see him again.

October 11th, 2012
You are amazing!

August 10th, 2012
Failed to correctly & timely identify & treat surgical complication resulting in severe disability & chronic pain. After proper diagnosis was made he conspired with another Reno Orthopedic firm surgeon to destroy records, fabricate an unrelated diagnosis & cover up his neglect & malpractice

July 4th, 2012
Untreated compartment syndrome
This surgeon failed to recognize acute bilat lower extremity compartment syndrome. I now have chronic severe pain & disability,circulatory problems, muscle death, neuropathy. Reno ortho & washoe med have taken no responcibility

April 14th, 2012
second lumbar fusion after 5 years of pain still and now infection blamed on my cats
the first fusion he called a failed fusion and i continued to have pain for 5 years. I reopened finely my WC claim by moving back to this area from NC. There was a disc above or below the original fusion that blew out and after spending a week in the hospital at northern nevada medical center hospital and was leaking slightly from the wound and the nurse stated it was normal and didnt call the doctor. i got home and three days later my temp was 103 and climbing and my wound was leaking so badly it completely soaked the long bandage and i was not able to hold my urion or bowels. of course they brought me to same hopspitial and did and emergency operation and placed a large metal pulug into the wound and sealed the rest with clear fake skin line they use on an IV. i didnt know the two in hose attached to me was this and didnt know what it was. I was hooked up to all kinds of IV.s and in severe pain and migraine and they only gave me wha seemed like the same drugs they gave me at home. I suffered alot and i mean alot and i still have pain and damage to the nerves. now my doc not this on another one my pain doc says he thinks the emg shows carpal tunnel in left hand but might be from neck injury. were does it end.