A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hamersma:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hamersma is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hamersma, FAAFP, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hamersma graduated from Michigan State University , East Lansing. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Hamersma has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Spectrum Health Medical Center
- St Mary's Mercy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hamersma accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John W. Hamersma practice?
Dr. John Hamersma practices Family Medicine near Wyoming, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Grand Rapids, MI and Allendale, MI.
See Wyoming Family Physicians.