A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Handy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Handy is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Handy
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Handy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Handy, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
Education & Awards
Dr. Handy graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Handy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr
- Providence Portland Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Rutherfoord Handy MD is a male Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John R. Handy practice?
- Dr. John Handy has 1 office location.
Dr. John Handy practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Portland, OR.
See Portland Surgeons and Portland Cardiothoracic Surgeons.