A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Handy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Handy is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Handy, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
Education & Awards
Dr. Handy graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Handy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr
- Providence Portland Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Rutherfoord Handy MD is a male Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John R. Handy practice?
- Dr. John Handy has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Handy practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Portland, OR.
See Portland Surgeons.