A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hanks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hanks is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hanks, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Breast Cancer
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hanks graduated from University of Rochester . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hanks has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hanks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John B. Hanks practice?
Dr. John Hanks practices Surgery and Colon & Rectal Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.