Dr. John Harshbarger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

March 4th, 2016
The best in town
Couldn't be happier with this practice. He knows his field and really demonstrates he has my best interests at heart. Warm caring and highly competent. I am quite aged and Dr Harshbarger really takes the time to understand my issues

February 22nd, 2016
Excellent Physician
elated with the quality of care from Dr. Harshbarger and his staff. He diagnosed and successfully treated a condition that I have suffered with for years that had been missed by my previous doctors. Shows a genuine interest for my well being and has a great command of his area of expertise. I highly recommend him...you won't be disappointed..!

July 8th, 2014
Watch Out!
I would not recommend this doctor and his staff to anyone. Honestly, I would not allow this man to treat my dog. This business is poor in every way.

May 19th, 2014
Dr Harshbarger took the time to answer all my questions and he was very professional.

February 6th, 2013
Business must be good!
In an attempt to make an appointment as a new patient I was never able to reach the new patient coordinator when I phoned. Her voice mail recording is sharp toned and states, "do not leave multiple messages...do not leave multiple hang ups, we will know..." Wow! But she is nice compared to the office manager who actually said, "you aren't going to get your way so we might as well end this." Then she hung up. This was during my attempt to get an appointment (they only offer one new patient appointment per day Monday-Thursday at 10am. Period.) All I can think is that business MUST be good. to have such a rude staff.

May 18th, 2010
No bedside manner and inconsiderate staff
Not real happy with how I have been treated. First there was a serious distrust in his manner. Im familiar with the medical field having physicians, PA's and Nurse Practitioners in my family and I know about drug seekers. But if you make it to a Rheumatologist with high CCP antibodies and a high rheumatoid factor and are complaining of pain it isnt because youre after narcotics. I was never accused of this....dont get me wrong...but he assumed that was what I was looking for and even mentioned I had already been on them for a while...WRONG. I corrected this and things seemed to be moving ahead but when I returned with symptoms after being on Plaque nil there was an air of distrust again. No compassion.I was attempting to discuss my concern with taking Methotrexate and the response I got was "well you want to function dont you ?". Minimal discussion about the side effects and I was left to discuss this with my family. Im happily on Methotrexate now with no side effects and things are better, but good grief. Most recently I needed refills for my meds and the pharmacy faxed multiple requests. I called the office for assistance and asked his assistant to telephone the pharmacy for me. She told me I needed to make sure they had the correct fax number. Thusly I was required to stop by the pharmacy to find out what was happening. The fax number was right and now four days after my request the refill request was in. The following week I needed another refill and the pharmacist faxed the request in and I almost immediately received a call from the assistant indicating I would have to be seen before the prescription would be filled. Im out....now what? Luckily my schedule was free right away and I was able to get in (good of them to get me in right away). Most days I travel for work and am not in the area to easily take a last minute appointment. I get the feeling they would rather see me with a flare then refill my Meloxicam script. Wouldnt a partial script be appropriate since I hadnt missed an appointment and of course needed one for blood work at the least? But they refused. Again....GEESH!!!

December 16th, 2009
Dr. Harshbarger's staff is rude and he has no bedside manner. He is not at all caring towards his patients and he is always in a hurry to leave the room. He gets annoyed if you ask a question about your Diagnosis and when you are receiving a life changing Diagnosis you would expect more compasion.